Deckard's whisky glass

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/14/deckards-whisky-glass.html

5 Likes

Damn. Not at that price point…

7 Likes

Looks cool. But do yourself a favor & try a Nambe tilt glass instead.
download (26)

12 Likes

I drink out of a green glass mug - the same one Gile’s drinks from in BTVS.

3 Likes

Currently unavailable

$178 dollars.

You know, at the end of a tag sale, the stuff left over is usually 50 cents a stem.
And it holds just as much whisky. Or whiskey.
Or gin.

5 Likes

Turn on some music and enjoy a drink.

4 Likes

Love the design. Choke on the price.

Wait, it’s glass and not leaded crystal for that price?

3 Likes

Someday I’m actually going to buy the Panasonic TR-535 from Blade Runner and put a Raspberry Pi in it

20 Likes

Why dirty a glass when you can drink straight from the bottle?

26 Likes

Work smarter, not harder!

9 Likes

I’ve been watching whiskey tasting videos from some fine folks at a distillery near Austin. They have a less serious channel called Whiskey Tribe and the tasting one is Whiskey Vault. They already knew the answer but they tested a bunch of whiskey glass and the typical short whiskey glass is absolutely terrible because it loses most of the volatile compounds of the drink too fast.

If someone is going to use this fancy glass to drink fancy whiskey they’re likely having a subpar experience

4 Likes

These guys are hilarious. I don’t even drink whiskey, and I’m strangely drawn in by some of their videos.

There’s one (that I can’t find) where the guy with hair tortures the bald guy by asking for water in a very expensive whiskey, then changes his mind, and makes him mix it with coke instead. You can see his friend die a little on the inside.

5 Likes

LOL I NEEEEEEED THIS

It will go so well with:

1 Like

JoyJolt makes some interesting non-plain designs for drinking vessels. And the price is reasonable. I already went in for a couple of sets of shot glasses. I’m kind of on the fence about the matching Whiskey Glasses though, I don’t think the triangular shape works as well in the larger format.

61LP2zjONCL.AC_SL1200

2 Likes

Holy crap pretty sure we had one of those. Last time I saw it was prolly in my parents garage around 20 years ago. I’ll ask the new new new owners if it’s still there…

** …no I won’t really. I’m 3000 miles away. **

2 Likes

“Deckard’s Whisky Glass” is my Hans Zimmer cover band.

14 Likes

It’s the name of the bar you play in,

3 Likes

I use these, designed for whisky, and only whisky.

https://www.glencairnwhiskyglass.com/

If you look around, you can find them around 7-10$ each. They are proper whisky nosing glasses.

6 Likes

Despite my earlier comment, if I’m actually tasting, this is what I use.

2 Likes