Defend America. No more dead children. No more grieving parents

Paperwork makes me barf and I want the bureaucrats and the ones who enable them to drop dead, if they cannot just make their own world and become irrelevant.

And I am not exactly rich to be able to pay the premiums.

So scavenging and sometimes cheating it is.

I don’t have that much in life. Friends don’t have time because of jobs and families, relationships just Don’t Happen (“you are nice, somebody will be happy with you, now go away”) and I cannot even get a holding-hands walk downtown and have to watch the happy couples when I go alone, outlooks are grim and I feel the age, and then some bureaucrat comes and tells me I cannot buy an affordable, accurate, non-drifting mercury thermometer anymore because the little drop of mercury in it became a grave menace overnight. And that for other stuff I need paperwork and licensing and shell out money I don’t have and time I don’t want to give. And I am supposed to be happy about it and comply readily. And then they wonder why I am getting angry at such suggestions of yet more limitations.

Fuck the planet.

“your technology is bad, and you should feel bad”

Guns made only to kill.

Children born only to die.

1 Like

The mercury didn’t become more menacing overnight, the amount society is willing to spend to save a statistical life went up overnight. The value of the lives of the people in the nation went up. You didn’t get your share. It’s not the bureaucrat, it’s the plutocrat. Don’t hate the kid who was saved from mercury poisoning, hate the people who say that abundance isn’t enough because they don’t get a large enough cut.

2 Likes

“The society” should either send somebody to my bed or stay the fuck out of my lab.

One or the other, but not both. I had enough. I don’t want to care anymore, it eats energy and costs resources and nothing comes out of it for me. I used to care. I don’t have anything left to give. Give me a perspective or stuff your paperwork and licensing where it belongs and leave me alone.

Due to the number of variables cause and effect is hard to track, but right now gun violence is on the decline.

Enh, you want exactly as much of society as is useful to you (legal framework of ownership, prohibitions against theft, physical infrastructure to get the mercury thermometer to you) and no more, even though the more is useful to other people (health regulations that save a few people from getting poisoned). It sounds like you’ve done a lot to try to minimize how much you rely on society, but it’s still just garden variety angry old man stuff. It is easy to be left alone, it is not easy to be left alone and get all the things you want.

3 Likes

The status quo of somewhere between 1990 and 2000 could be good enough. Since then things went mostly downhill.

The do-gooders can’t seem to realize that too much of whatever they perceive as “good” can become annoying to bad, and reacted to appropriately.

Things aren’t that much black and white. And the white is not as white as its pushers claim it is, especially in oversupply.

I am channeling the anger into methods for opt-out of the too-much-of-the-“good” parts. So if you want something and cannot just go and buy it like you could if you had freedom, you still can make it, so the bureaucrat is made irrelevant. An object has a local impact. A method has a global impact.

Alright, alright. This is definitely just angry old man talk.

4 Likes

And getting more bitter by every passing lonely year and angrier by every passing restriction.

Things went into the descending handbasket with the European Union crap. Every idiocy thought up in Brussels has to be implemented.

And now you get so tragicomical situations like a new law and related edict due to which people younger than 18 years cannot handle “dangerous chemicals”, including acids. Which influences the trade schools, where this is the early-ish first-grade stuff, and elementary schools, where the chemistry classes by now got literally castrated to bare minimum and many schools don’t even have labs anymore. The trade schools, including my old one, and the industry, are appealing, so this idiocy may be pushed back a bit, but anyway, it shows what happens when there is no counterpressure and The Bureaucrat gets free reign.

Since you don’t live here and probably wouldn’t visit if paid handsomely to, I must insist that [citation needed].

2 Likes

Not a hard-on but he looks so happy - I think it’s postcoital satisfaction.

eta: Oops, wrong country.

I c wat u did there. :wink:

1 Like

Are we still trying to convince everybody that we are responsible gun owners who are not going to cause problems for anyone? Because I am starting to become confused.

Once Again, Mass Shooter Tries to Pin the Blame on Women Not Wanting to Date Him

4 Likes

But the military still tops the list of 10 occupational groups, followed closely by teachers, medical doctors, scientists and engineers.

Would you accept a gif as evidence?

Shawn Hannity hardly represents many/most US citizens. Hell, a majority of us voting types voted for the last president in part due to the promise to end the land wars in Asia.

Are you suggesting that a 4 second gif less than fully convinced you of the truth of that statement?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.