More on what this is costing Kansas City:

8 Likes

6 Likes

Another case where the cops are defunding the municipality, too:

8 Likes

Minneapolis is paying for cops’ abuses against protesters:

7 Likes

TrueAnon episode 256: Programmed To Kill

San Francisco’s police department and mayor dare to ask: Do Robot Cops Shoot at Electric Crooks? And if not, can we make them?

TrueAnon looks at the failed rollout of unmanned vehicle-borne IEDs by SF’s police department.

3 Likes

Would be great to see more over-policed areas reallocate their funding to initiatives like this:

9 Likes

nationwide, last year’s fatal shootings by police break records

The record-setting police violence matches a nationwide trend, according to data collected by the Washington Post. Last year, police killed 1,055 people, the highest since the Post started tracking fatal police shootings in 2015. As of Dec. 20, 2022, it estimates the nation’s law enforcement will set another record with 1,069 deadly police shootings.

more context here:

8 Likes

Keep hitting cops & cities in the wallet! :fist:t4:

9 Likes

Total incompetence all around this firearm killing.

2 Likes

Too much of it reminded me of this John Oliver report on coroners and medical examiners. It seems reform hasn’t happened in that profession either. I hope the family of the victim can successfully sue the hell out of the people directly involved in this killing, as well as those whose action and inaction led to the injustice that followed. :rage:

5 Likes

I would give them just a smidge of benefit of the doubt that, if they had been told they were looking at a homicide that was also a shooting, they might have done a better job. Imagine being a medical examiner and being told - possible heart attack with stick wound - and instead finding a bullet with both human and canine DNA!?!

1 Like

With the backtracking on statements about cause of death (heart attack vs. bleeding after gunshot) and this…

the case’s lead investigator, Det. Jamey McGinty, asked Quinn if it was possible the tools used to inspect the dog were also used during Christensen’s autopsy. The same pathologists – who had no veterinary certifications – examined Christensen and Buzzo.

She said she was sure the same instruments were used for both Christensen and the dog.

Ultimately, she wrote to McGinty that “I would not say to any degree of certainty there could not have been DNA transfer between items of evidence.”

…I put them into the incompetent category, because it sounds like they were not sure if the transfer was from the bullet or the tools used during the autopsy.

4 Likes

Wow, according to reports these debtors’ prison schemes were used in multiple counties in Missouri:

4 Likes

And after lawyer’s fees, they’re still only getting about a third of what the city extorted from them? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Wonder Years Reaction GIF

5 Likes