Demographics of law enforcement

How can you have a genuine desire for positive change without first acknowledging all the terrible stuff that needs to be changed?

19 Likes

dancing with the stars celebrity GIF

16 Likes

I may need a Venn diagram to understand exactly who is being blamed here. :thinking:

20 Likes

17 Likes

Cab drivers are more likely to be murdered on the job than cops. Yet our society still doesn’t tolerate cabbies murdering any passenger or pedestrian who gives them the willies.

26 Likes

as long as it’s not the cops, that’s what’s important

15 Likes

Cops aren’t in the top 10 most dangerous jobs…

My uncle is in landscaping, and his work is more dangerous…

:woman_shrugging:

15 Likes

Not even in the top 20.

14 Likes

Sounds like some pearl clutching in service of LEOS to me.

Police should be held to HIGHER standards of conduct and accountability; but instead, they perpetually act with impunity, especially when it comes to dealing with POC and those who are not rich.

Anyone who just glibly glosses over that reality gets a serious side eye from me, no matter how they may choose to label themselves.

21 Likes

Parks And Recreation Gasp GIF by NBC

12 Likes

(The controversial ending to Taxi Driver excepted)

6 Likes

ACADEMIA! APPLY LIBERALLY!

9 Likes

how i met your mother spell GIF

11 Likes

­ FUCK’S SAKE, HAVE YOU ONLY JUST REALIZED?!?!?! :wink:

4 Likes

I genuinely desire to see a positive change here:

11 Likes

This shows you clearly read and understood my argument. Can you believe they are number 22 out of thousands and thousands of jobs?

This thread looks like a good use of my time! Hi!

I’ll humbly suggest that professions that have maximum IQ limits will tend not to hire the brightest individuals. Also, one that is notoriously and intractably “bad”, will not appeal to the people who think that the profession needs a complete overhaul.

I feel strongly, for example, that there should not be oil drilling in Alaska, and yet, I do not go to work on oil rigs.

Oh, and to live up to my name and the tenor of this thread: yeah, sure, if only more anti-fascists had joined the NAZIs…

7 Likes

Well, you could try not trolling; or at the very least, put some actual effort into it.

9 Likes

And yet, if you listen to them and their supporters, cops have the top 999 most dangerous jobs! Certainly, in a court of law, they seem to fear for their life whenever there’s a loud noise, or it’s too quiet; when it’s dark, or when it’s too bright; when someone has something in their hands, when they can’t see someone’s hands, or when that person’s hands are empty. They are afraid of 9 year old boys and 88 year old naked women. And they are always in fear of their life.

So you have how police view how dangerous there job is:

And how dangerous it is compared to other jobs:

15 Likes

Yet they are the ONLY profession in America that literally gets away with murder on a regular basis under the rationale that the work they do is uniquely dangerous.

19 Likes