Dentist convicted of breaking patients' teeth so he could charge to repair them

Repo Man__JFP__X-Rays

3 Likes

I’m normally against the use of the justice chisel as a policy instrument; but I could be persuaded to make an exception in this case.

Would this not also be some sort of assault? He’s damaging parts of people’s bodies against their will.

Praise to the new dentist who spent time reviewing old records with a critical eye.

1 Like

I had a similar problem a few dentists ago, though in his case it was airplane payments.

Guy I replaced him with was very good & no-nonsense. A former engineer who went back to school after 10 years in industry. He retired and sold his practice (on no notice) to a recent grad who’d taken up with the Holistic Dentistry (a particular form of quackery) wallet extraction technique. Never even saw that quack, I bolted before the first appointment upon receiving his 14 page new patient questionnaire.

Current dentist I’ve had for 5+ years. He’s expensive (above UCR insurance rates), but doesn’t push any work. He’s getting on in age, though, so I’ll be shopping for new provider before too long.

I would think so, “medical battery” is likely the term. IANAL.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.