Derails about the narrative of bans for dissenting opinions

Ah well, you tried.

6 Likes

you really have no self-awareness at all, do you?

3 Likes

how do you mean?

simply pointing out the obvious fact that if you think the individual who pulled this discussion into a separate thread and away from the main discussion is the derailer then you don’t really have much of an idea of what your commenting behavior looks like to other people.

btw, your open support for deceptive and dangerous tactics on the part of the police is remarkable. i find that attitude repugnant but i admire the courage it takes to express it and stand by it.

6 Likes

I think you make many assumptions and false claims about my beliefs and the situation. That makes you dishonest. Nothing admirable about that.

Davide started the commentary about banning those with dissenting views on the other thread. That’s a fact. I didn’t derail the thread. I merely added to Davide’s existing comment.

I guess you’re talking about this:

That wasn’t the only thing I said in that post, just the only thing you chose to respond to. Here’s the meat of what I said there:

In the third post in this thread, I said:

And so far, @W96 is living down to the accusations I leveled.

And for all the talk of banning for dissenting opinions, which categorically is a derail of the original topic (you know, the only other thread than this one that you’ve ever posted in) neither you nor the other police apologist have been banned.

Are you disappointed? Because it sure does weaken what you said here:

and here:

I called out a stunt account who had made a factually incorrect statement, and chose to ignore photographic evidence of a cop who aimed his weapon at a photographer.

You chose to interpret that as BoingBoing being notorious for banning commenters who didn’t have the right opinions, purely because of those opinions.

That’s a derail.

1 Like

Note that aaargh has been registered for a month, but only has comments from today. Perhaps earlier ones were deleted?

3 Likes

I did note that.

I half-remember the name as possibly coming from one of the Ferguson threads where the Don’t-Push-Your-Luck dragon feasted on a raft of racist, victim-blaming, sub-conversations within the thread. Collateral damage, possibly.

Whether or not my memory of the exact circumstances is correct, I wonder why the worthy aaarrrrrggggg would not bring their own treatment up when I began asking for examples of BoingBoing’s alleged editorial policies to silence dissent.

1 Like

The Philly Cheesefurter School?

4 Likes

This continued distortion of the term “victim blaming” may aid in perpetuating the narrative BB wants to present but it does a disservice to the actual victims of “victim blaming”. In either of these cases depending on whose story you choose to believe either party is a potential victim. It’s really “loser blaming”. With real victim blaming there is no question who is the victim.

Oh well, as long as you win internet arguments I guess.

if you don’t like my characterization of what you’ve been saying on here you should consider saying different things. on the whole you’ve been either apologizing for the chp officer’s behavior or rushing to the defense of another even more ardent defender of his behavior. it requires little assuming and no falsehoods to draw the conclusions i drew.

2 Likes

You should definitely flag my post! That way I could learn first-hand what you seem to be an authority upon :wink:

Take a look at my history. Pay particular attention to comments in the “Sup Marxists?” thread and the month long gap thereafter.

1 Like

Yeah, but we can’t see the ones that got you the month off :smile:

And for someone who calls himself a troll and deliberately sets out to argue with the prevailing opinion on most subjects here (which personally, I quite like), I think you get quite a lot of leeway. I do remember not being surprised you got that timeout, though.

3 Likes

I dont think the message that got me booted got deleted. The message on the banner referenced this post

I dont get it, Im polite, inquisitive, humble( at times ) Meanwhile, I wont mention any names, there are condescending blowhards that never seem to get the penalty box. As a matter of fact a user doxxed someone here and got a week. I made a good but contrary point and got a month?

Perhaps you can enlighten me?

Hey, don’t ask me, man. I don’t even work here.

Maybe Beschizza doesn’t find you as amusing as he does said person you don’t want to name?

Personally, I think there should be a leaderboard for days timeout given, and number of instances.

Edit: I think that reading the replies to the comment you mention would suggest why you got banned. People don’t feel you comment in good faith, and someone got fed up of it.

2 Likes

These lines maybe?

Just shooting from the hip here, but I would guess that ban was about using deception as a tool of argument, combined with carrying out a humiliating experiment with another community member.

I don’t think that’s why you were banned.

4 Likes

I didn’t lie, I didn’t deceive. That person had every opportunity to answer the original question in anyway they wished. I simply changed the context of my question and waited for a reply.

Could you share three, specific assumptions you believe have been made?

It’s an honest question. What has @navarro assumed about you? just trying to keep up.

2 Likes

oh now that’s guilt by association. Are you trying to derail this perfectly good derail or something?

2 Likes