Desperate for advertising Musk resorts to threats and lawsuits

5 Likes

Besides the (really obvious) scams, I’m seeing more and more “promoted tweets” that just look like individuals promoting their personal accounts to get more engagement. (Ads must be getting really cheap.) Of course, they might also be scams, but…

4 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

7 Likes

I have (small, but nonzero) concerns about it. If he doesn’t care about other laws, rules, or regulations (in his mind, probably intended for the rabble/looters anyway, not wealth creators) then why should the Constitution stop him (from trying, at least)? A while back there was talk (FWIW) about amending the Constitution so Schwarzenegger could run for POTUS; I don’t guess Musk nor his enablers would even bother with that inconvenience.

And would anyone put it past the court to decouple “natural born” and “citizen” to come up with some bullshit about him a) being a citizen and b) not having been decanted from an artificial womb?

2 Likes

Or just decouple “natural” and “born.”

“Why yes, humans are a part of nature and hence natural. And yes, he was born! And now I’m off to enjoy my skiing trip with Mr. Musk!”

2 Likes

Clearly the original intent of the founding fathers was to prevent King Charles from installing a puppet and not to exclude honest hard-working billionaire immigrants.

4 Likes

I see lots of those now plus scam / cheap ripoff goods after scam / cheap ripoff goods. But I do respect the k-pop stan who paid just to promote her bias! (Still blocked, but also respected.)

2 Likes

First, it’s a lowercase x from the Unix special character library.
Second, we knew he was broke when he broke contract on Fox News business during a live broadcast to promote CBD gummies.
Which caused Fox advertisers to sue en Mass.
Looks like old hair plugs has gone full villain.

Since they won’t survive long enough to pay their debts, they won’t be able to collect any winnings also.
Just ignore them and delay the lawsuits as much as possible (how fun is it to be on the disrupted side and having to reply to increasingly stupid discoveries?) until they cease to exist soonish.

:thinking:

That’s far more interesting than anything I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

Sure, he’s from South Africa, but maybe he has a lot of Nigerian Prince relatives who need dedicated advertising space since fax machines dried up?

1 Like

Looks like it’s not a threat against CCDH any more.

2 Likes

Not sure if the court will find this to be a reasonable argument.

However, X responded that the CCDH used poor methodology, and failed to study all 500 million posts on the service each day.

4 Likes

Something that is not possible given his refusal to cooperate with research and pricing everyone out of the API (forcing them to scrape instead, which he then complains about).

I mean, geez, it would only cost them $75,000,000 a month to get all the posts

“Twitter announced a new API tier today called Twitter API Pro for startups that costs $5,000 per month . The tier gives developers the ability to fetch 1 million tweets per month and post 300,000 tweets per month, and gives them access to the full archive search endpoint.”

ETA: My mistake. It appears to be flat out impossible, given that this is their highest end package:

5 Likes

I jubilantly block every advertiser on Twitter

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.