Elon Musk confirms Twitter has tortious interference claims against activist groups calling for advertiser boycotts

Originally published at: Elon Musk confirms Twitter has tortious interference claims against activist groups calling for advertiser boycotts | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Can’t wait for Musk to find out that no one is “required” to advertise on twitter.

44 Likes

Brilliant to try after calling for his own boycotts. Just in case it was only 98% clear he’s flailing around without a clue.

37 Likes

What a galaxy brain. Clearly a legend in his own mind. It will be painful to watch this slow moving car crash.

7 Likes

More painful to witness the slow motion crash morphing into a monster MAGAphone.

22 Likes

Serious problem caused by this whole Lone Skum / Twatter saga.

Is there enough popcorn in the world? :wink:

It seems I need a new bucketful, every day.

6 Likes

Imagine being one of the richest people in the world and this is what you decide to spend your time on.

32 Likes

He could’ve basically ended world hunger, with just a fraction of what he paid for twitter…

32 Likes

And by the looks of it, gotten better ROI, too

20 Likes

Yes but that wouldn’t help humanity, which he loves, and incidentally has redefined to mean future people stuck in domes on other planets like the characters in Oblivion are promised after aliens trash the only nice one.

19 Likes

Now, why would you say such a thing?

21 Likes

So much for being a free speech absolutist. Calling for, enacting, and choosing not to advertise in response to a boycott all seem to be types of speech.

18 Likes

Eon reminds me of Elmer Fudd
Fudd

I’ve been planning to switch to Mastadon for a while now, and this is finally the drive I needed. When I asked my friend group which server they were going to, their tweet was hidden from me (the “reply count” was higher than the tweets I could see, so I asked people to DM me what they’d tried to reply with).

Definitely time to turn Twitter into the next Digg.

And the news is definitely spreading about the migration:

16 Likes

But there are so many more future people! /S

This is assuming we can survive the Elon Musks of the world for another 20 years

9 Likes

Hey, he paid $44 billion for the privilege of spouting nonsense whenever he wants. Cut him some slack.

10 Likes

No. He didn’t pay me, I don’t owe him a thing.

25 Likes

I can think of no greater exercise of free speech than trying to use the force of the court system to punish people for exercising their free speech. Congratulations, Elon. You’ve used your vast, impressive engineering know-how to square the circle.

23 Likes

Salesforce bought Slack, I doubt he’ll get it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

out of here GIF

12 Likes