Elon Musk confirms Twitter has tortious interference claims against activist groups calling for advertiser boycotts

That’s some tortious thinking there from the Free-Speech Paedo Guy.

9 Likes

12 Likes

Except, you know, Elmer Fud never tried to tear down a democratic system of his adopted country… but sure… just alike, I guess…

13 Likes

Do you think Elon even goes into the Twitter offices at this point? Literally everyone who works there is realizing they could actually have a reason to use that letter-opener in the back of their desk…

6 Likes

The activist groups that have asked Twitter to stop advertising on Twitter include the ADL and the NAACP. If Twitter files a lawsuit against either of these organizations it will go very badly for Musk.

Further, many global-brand advertisers dropped Twitter not because activists asked them to, but because they have seen Musk’s out-of-control political driving trollies for themselves,

I would argue, not “further,” but “because.” Musk would have a hell of a time proving that advertisers dropped Twitter because of the former, and not the latter.

16 Likes

Just think of the fun of ‘discovery.’

This is a hole that Musk cannot seem to stop himself from digging.

This is what happens when someone with too much money believes their own mythos (ie, bullshit) about how ‘great’ they are.

29 Likes

So if there’s millions of people who don’t like him, and who because of that, they don’t buy into his business model, does that mean he has grounds for a class action lawsuit? Is that how that works?

8 Likes

Any competent lawyer is going to tell Musk that boycotts are a protected form of speech. Which means he’s either A) lying about pursuing legal action against the activist groups, B) he’s surrounded himself with incompetent lawyers or C) both. Given how he seems to be modeling his behavior after Trump as of late my money is on C.

21 Likes

Wait is he suing them like the headline of the article says or just blabbing

1 Like

Impossible to know at this point. He is probably just spouting bs on Twitter, but who can say?

6 Likes

Next up: Muskrat threatens to hold his breath until the advertisers come back.

13 Likes

Ultimately this is the vision right-wingers hold for us. Our role in life is to pay them all our money for their adverts, cars, services, everything. To be wage slaves. Not to earn enough to enjoy a life of our own.

From that angle, suing people (not the government) for not wanting to advertise on a commercial platform is the ultimate expression of the philosophy.

Talk about butt-hurt.

7 Likes

He really does seem to be desperate to provide an object lesson for ‘gradually, then all at once’, doesn’t he?

11 Likes

Also, related (screenshot only, original is behind paywall). Ordering more popcorn in 3…2…1…

17 Likes

No. He’s promoting hate. Fuck that guy.

23 Likes

Yup. It’s the “I alone can fix this, and I don’t need advice from so-called experts” mentality.

As it turns out, it’s equally good for driving countries AND companies off a cliff.

16 Likes

“Sure, my consultant fee is $XXXX/hr.”

9 Likes

Really depends on your needs, instances are catering to lots of different groups right now. I’m on Mastodon.social, but I joined a few years back when Twitter was going through another bad time of “we can’t seem to stop hate speech” and I randomly picked one. But a lot of my friends are joining wandering.shop, which has a focus on writing and SFF.

The only real issue I see with Mastodon at the moment (other then the learning curve and some UI issues) is image processing/uploading is really slow. But that’s fine, we don’t need endless memes at this point.

3 Likes

Could you imagine being on a planet where he controls the air supply? Oh fuck no! Not that I would anyway.

7 Likes

Is the supposed libertarian going to go to court to force advertisers to use a site they just don’t want to use?

13 Likes