Microsoft dumps Twitter, Musk threatens lawsuit

Originally published at: Microsoft dumps Twitter, Musk threatens lawsuit | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Musk has either reached a new level of irrationality, or he’s intentionally trying to kill Twitter. Or maybe both. Regardless, pissing off and suing Microsoft sound like phenomenally bad ideas. Maybe even dumber than DeSantis picking a fight with Disney.

41 Likes

It’d be icing on the cake for Mush to have to pay Microsoft’s legal fees as well as his own.

32 Likes

Musk just can’t deal with people not unconditionally loving him and wanting to give him money.

36 Likes

Full stop.

24 Likes

I’m just here to comment on what a boon AI is for satire and social commentary. I get such joy from the accompanying images to BoingBoing posts.

5 Likes

Ha! Checkmate!

Musk doesn’t pay his legal fees

13 Likes

How has this joker gone on for so long without his grift collapsing all his companies?

12 Likes

There are a lot of genuinely competent, hard-working people at Tesla and SpaceX. Without Elon, they’d be doing even better.

37 Likes

See Donny Trump

6 Likes

Oh, for the love of all I hold dear; PLEASE let him sue Microsoft.

28 Likes

SMDH. That’s no way to win friends in business

7 Likes

The scoring system for four-dimensional chess sure is complicated, looking at it from the perspective of people in this dimension, seems like he always loses.

21 Likes

sssnnnffffff ahhhh, I love the smell of schadenmusk in the morning!

7 Likes

“Don’t mess with the Mouse Microsoft.”

Sadly, so far, this is just him posturing for his fanbois.

10 Likes

I think Musk is incapable of seeing the benefits of cooperation. For him, it’s all zero-sum, and Microsoft making money handling Twitter advertising is taking money from him. (Never mind that they’re helping sell Twitter advertising.)

He would have been in a better position if he’d concentrated his dwindling developer resources on advertising support, rather than user-facing twiddles that won’t bring in extra money. He wouldn’t take much away from Microsoft, who’re selling services across the whole social media pie, rather than the small Twitter slice, but he wouldn’t have needed them as badly as he does now.

There will be some great case studies from this.

17 Likes

He’d be in a better position if he hadn’t fired nearly everyone in the company who actually earns money, and stops money being lost.

But he didn’t. It’s almost as if he’s been huffing the techbro farts so much be believes people turn up to social interactions because of well deployed Scala, or a new stack.

Much velocity.
So negative

16 Likes

He’d be in a better position if he hadn’t brain-farted that offer for Twitter in the first place. :grinning:

23 Likes

Fair play :wink:

1 Like

Is that true? He’s not Trump. Sure, Elno doesn’t pay rent or employee compensation or salaries or the like, but I’ve not heard about him stiffing his lawyers. I doubt he can afford to do so, given how many lawsuits he’s involved in, and how much he still has on the line…

3 Likes