Lawyers for Twitter's thousands of wronged employees step up to the plate

Originally published at: Lawyers for Twitter's thousands of wronged employees step up to the plate | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Musk also fired around 60% of the lawyers who worked at Twitter thinking it was a brilliant idea too

33 Likes

Stephen Colbert Popcorn GIF

20 Likes

That letter was almost as much fun to read as it probably was to write.

21 Likes

i love that they are also threatening to sue for fraud if he tries to weasel out of the severance packages, arguing that the package was used to stop people from quitting when the merger happened. and to do so in thousands of separate arbitration hearings.

20 Likes

Freed from Twitter link for BBS

Fi73stAWQAE4vKp

30 Likes

Most letters from attorneys are pretty dry. I’ve written such letters. This is more like a long, devastating tweet with legal receipts (and scary, expensive threats).

The smart, logical response would be to announce that he will pay all severance obligations before Christmas (you know, out of the goodness of his heart and shit). But recent events have taught us to not necessarily expect that outcome.

23 Likes

Basically

13 Likes

I like how personal it gets, like they’re trying to intentionally goad him into utterly wrecking himself. Which is great, because I absolutely think that will work, based on his past behavior. It’s like a race to see whether Musk can make so many bad decisions that he completely exhausts his nigh-infinite fortune before his lifespan’s up.

26 Likes

December 7th? A day that will live in infamy…

8 Likes

One of the delicious bits about this is that his ‘fortune’ is pretty much entirely based on the value of Tesla shares. His behaviour is tanking those shares. The only way to restore their value is to fire him from Tesla - which won’t happen because he has packed the board with ‘yes’ men.

9 Likes

That was one of the most fun reads I’ve had in a while. Thanks!

8 Likes

Almost my favourite bit:

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 14.45.33

14 Likes

So many to choose from! Between this and the New York Rat Lord job posting it’s a good week for amazing official documents!

7 Likes

Who have stock options and shares in Tesla as well.
There is a tipping point, and it can be expressed in dollars and cents.

10 Likes

I’m curious as to what the floor is that will cause them to vote him out. They didn’t when it hit ~167. 150? 100?

5 Likes

BsMxX8BCYAAnPWm

2 Likes

Picture of the board showing up at his doorstep:

Better Off Dead Cash GIF by moodman

6 Likes

It’s always refreshing to see lawyers putting legal arguments in non-legalese.

6 Likes

Weirdly, although I read the twitter link, I managed to scroll down for as long as I liked through the replies without the usual “sign up now” bullshit.

I guess it is properly broken now.

4 Likes