Lawyers for Twitter's thousands of wronged employees step up to the plate

This is why I laugh when Musk fan boys claim he’s real smart as he reduced costs at Twitter by laying people off. Legally he’s still required to pay them, and all these court cases aren’t cheap. He actually increased costs significantly through his “brilliance.”

Yeah, knowing Musk, he’ll start to fight it in court at great expense and then eventually realize he’s losing and then make a big show about paying (only) what is legally owed because he’s so darned magnanimous.

11 Likes

It still interrupts me, but I just click ‘sign up’ and then close the pop-up box and carry on scrolling. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

5 Likes

Not to mention the money that he is losing from not having an advertising group, and the huge fines that are going to come from not having any compliance or moderation staff

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s impossible to say he’s saving the company money when the incompetent way he’s handling layoffs alone means massive unnecessary costs on various fronts. Then there’s his efforts to destroy the company’s revenue source by actively alienating advertisers… (And letting go staff that will probably turn out to be necessary for the continued function of the site.) Not to mention his lack of a plan (which should have been in place before he took over), shambolic attempts to try to come up with any sort of vision for what’s going to happen next, etc. A rEaL FiNaNciaL gEniUs!

8 Likes

Maybe not Tesla, but I do wonder about his other company; SpaceX is now providing the US government with launch vehicles for ‘National Security Payloads’, and I doubt the three letter agencies are happy about having a Stable Genius in charge of a company selling them rockets. I am sure that ULA (Boeing and Lockheed Martin) will be using Musk’s behaviour at twitter to lobby against giving government business to SpaceX*.

*(To their credit, SpaceX have been underbidding all of the old-space companies, whilst delivering a better service. For example, they’ll have flown all of their contracted Commercial Crew missions to the ISS, before Boeing have launched their first, for less money.)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.