Musk seems to have made the firing of Twitter's execs even more expensive

Originally published at: Musk seems to have made the firing of Twitter's execs even more expensive | Boing Boing

11 Likes

A flurry of smaller suits, too, if he tries to fire a lot of non-exec employees “for cause” at the last minute before their options are slated to vest on Tuesday.

32 Likes

What an idiot. If he wanted to fire them for cause, he should have waited a few weeks to at least pretend to investigate whatever wrongdoing he wants to allege.

36 Likes

Wrong doing (verb) - Failing to kiss the ring of their new God Emperor

15 Likes

Therefore the opposite of wrong-doing is, of course, ring-doing.

13 Likes

Hey, i understood that reference!

The Sopranos Television GIF

17 Likes

Lawsuits incoming if he makes them redundant, because he hasn’t given notice.

Short thread:
https://twitter.com/ggreeneva/status/1586494512762744837

29 Likes

He’s painted himself into a corner where he can’t wait. The banks and investors who helped him fund the purchase are demanding short-term cost savings as proof of his “visionary” management ability. Even if his ridiculous claim that “this isn’t about the money”, he still has to satisfy myopic greedpigs like the Saudis who loaned him the money to complete an acquisition he now regrets.

26 Likes

I’ll bet they don’t mind having him owe them money. In fact, I’m sure they wouldn’t have it any other way.

13 Likes

Don’t worry, it is a safe environment for advertisers.

21 Likes

IIRC GM have already suspended advertising on Twitter.

15 Likes

Of “nutritional supplements”, dehydrated “survival” meals, guns, and “tactical” everything

19 Likes

If we believe the idea that the job of the CEO is to maximize shareholder value, it’s pretty clear that the CEO of Twitter hit that one out of the park.

Getting the buyer to not back out and pay a huge premium is hardly ‘for cause.’

One thing I haven’t seen–Elon is also going to have to pay the huge legal bills that Twitter incurred in getting him to end up buying the thing. He owes the lawyers on both sides.

31 Likes

I doubt he’s losing sleep over that.

Money Im Rich GIF by Adult Swim

17 Likes

The added effect of zero faith in their new fearless leader at Twitter will trickle down to the underling [workers], nothing says “trust” like screwing employees out’a their pay. Good work Mush!

21 Likes

oh, he makes more in interest than the time it takes to think about things that bother him

and yet he is still bothered. Being petty is part of the human condition.

15 Likes

I have no idea what Musk’s long-term plan is here, but if he wants to implement it quickly, the first thing you do is sack the upper management that’s been hostile to him. They’ll likely undermine his decisions, protect favored staff, etc. I think this purchase was stupid, but if he has a plan he’s dropped $44 billion on this, another $150MM in severance is pennies.

4 Likes

Someone will be here soon to tell us he is playing 8D chess with a 4D chess board against God.

20 Likes

I want that image (obviously with Lemmy)

6 Likes

58 Likes