Musk seems to have made the firing of Twitter's execs even more expensive

Then why is he trying to weasel his way out of paying that $150M? Getting rid of them quickly without paying them just opens a can of worms that is going to cost him a lot more down the line. He is not going to be able to show cause if he didn’t do an investigation. And he couldn’t have done much of an investigation in a few hours.

17 Likes

“100% American Made Dehydrated 2nd Amendment Pro-life Tactical Stop the Steal Nutritional Supplement Survival Rations!!”

26 Likes

I’d suspect he’s just trying to kill Twitter off, but I’m not sure he’s has the brainpower or the patience to come up with any clever schemes. Like Trump, his only skills are acquiring things, bragging about them, and then destroying the things he’s acquired. Oh, and getting loved by Nazis, I guess that’s a thing.

19 Likes

It depends on the terms of the loans. As the saying goes, “if you owe the bank a million dollars, you’re at the bank’s mercy; if you owe the bank a hundred million dollars, the bank is at your mercy.”

von Clownstick famously worked that formula to his advantage for decades before the reputable banks got wise to his grift and stopped lending him money. However, I suspect the Musk’s lenders have put in a bunch of benchmarks Musk has to achieve with Twitter’s financial picture to extend the payback date. It’s likely why he’s taking desperate lawsuit-bait measures like this. In the end, it’s entirely possible that the lenders took advantage of his stupid offer for Twitter so that they could take ownership of Tesla.

22 Likes

He’s taking the company private for now, while he demolishes and rebuilds, so they’re locked in until it goes public again. If it looks like Twitter won’t emerge from the tunnel profitable or with anything like the previous share price, then things will get ugly.

17 Likes

Right now he’s like a real estate flipper who takes out a loan to buy a dilapidated party apartment building with a vermin problem, fires the property manager and super, guts the units, alienates tenants, and then announces that tweakers are welcome to occupy the vacant units while he finds a new buyer. If the bank is actually paying attention to what’s going on besides the short term numbers, things will indeed get ugly.

31 Likes

Musk could have followed through on his promise to fix Flint’s water for what would be pennies to him, too, and been a genuine hero. But of course he didn’t.

Because nothing ever really seems like pennies to a billionaire. They’re addicts.

40 Likes

Alex Jones’s Incel Pellets. They’re survival rations! They’re ammunition! They’re survival rations and ammunition.

18 Likes

They’re not a good as Dr Oz’s Ammosnax! First in Home Economics! First in Home Defence!

16 Likes

Of course he’s angry at the guys who forced him to go through with the deal and buy this turkey at a grossly inflated price.

I’m sure the tons of cash they got from Mucks to buy their stock will ease that pain.

22 Likes

rupauls drag race bingo GIF

They are hoarders. They are hoarding wealth.

31 Likes

The dude thinks he’s Elrond; but he’s Smaug.

28 Likes

Fire everyone as fast as possible to cheat them out of their options is the kind of cartoon villainy we expect from Musk.

If nothing else, it should let anyone working at Twitter or thinking of working there what to expect from him in future. He might as well have hung a banner on Twitter headquarters that says “My promises are no good.”

25 Likes

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

16 Likes

I’m sure there are enough corporate shell game shenanigans going on that he, personally, will not lose much, if any, money.

In the meantime, pass me the popcorn.

8 Likes

The “Bingo” gif is doing stalwart service. :smile:

Acts like Smaug; looks like Sméagol.

22 Likes

28 Likes

AWWWWW SHIT, it’s about to be ON like Mutha-fuck’n Donkey Kong!!!

9 Likes

Soz, Alex Jones trumps both with his Anal emollient cream…

5 Likes

Then trying to think where his monologues seem to fit…

I didn't do it to make more money

29 Likes