Device found on New York-bound plane forces emergency landing in Kansas City

Usually a bad idea to destroy evidence until the police have had a chance to inspect it, even if you think it’s nothing but a camera. Even if you think it’s nothing but a thumb drive someone’s trying to smuggle. Taking it into custody, preferably without damaging any fingerprints (how much experience do most of us have with that?) would make more sense. Watching to see who retrieves it might make even more sense, but there’s a risk of him getting away.

Pizza Hut?

Slightly more plausible than the idea that it might be a bomb (you’d basically have to be holding the device to be damaged by a bomb that size) but still begs more questions. For example wouldn’t a remote trigger be more effective in someone’s hands as opposed to taped to a bathroom wall?

Perhaps it wasn’t turned off during takeoff.

Okay say that I did intend to take over the plane, but to do that I needed to know where the flight attendant keeps some crucial device, like a key. One way to find that would be to install a camera to watch them using the toilet.

I made that up off the top of my head but I can see the logic in saying that if anything weird happens, land the plane and analyse the situation there.

Are you saying you intend to take over the plane?

You seem to have an awful lot of knowledge about this sort of thing.

1 Like

The toilet would be hands down the least useful place to put a camera, though.

1 Like

Theoretically, one can assemble a bomb in the toilet, as long as you have some idea that it is not otherwise monitored. But I’m not sure how useful a camera would be in ascertaining a assemblyman’s “privacy” or lack thereof.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.