Devin Nunes flew to London to get info on ex-spy who wrote Trump dossier: Reports

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/28/devin-nunes-spy-dox.html

6 Likes

MI5, MI6, and GCHQ all declined to meet with him, we are told.

I alway enjoy it when supporters of this regime who think they’re big boys and girls meet come into contact with actual serious adult officials. It’s similar to what happens when Dolt-45’s supporters show up here: they’re either dismissed immediately with a chuckle or strung along for a bit.

As for Nunes, it amazes me that anyone ties their future careers to Il Douche. It’s like water-skiing behind a condemned sailboat.

26 Likes

Of course they didn’t. They’re not going to discuss classified information to someone who can’t be trusted with it & who might put their people at risk.

23 Likes

All of this has the makings of a great Bond film.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Has anyone found any reportage that indicates that trip wasn’t as half-assed as it sounds? Was there ANYTHING in the works there before Nunes hopped on that plane/dingy/dirigible?

3 Likes

However he did get an opportunity to catch a matinee of M:I-6: Fallout.

7 Likes

I look forward to his trial.

Should be great fun.

12 Likes

I’d like to see if some of his expense report gets rejected:

“Business Class Upgrade - $2500. Nyet!”

6 Likes

I was imaging the administration trading Felix to Moscow for interrogation in return for political favors. The Aeroflot flight transferring Felix has a stop-over at Heathrow, and that’s when Bond goes rogue. He’s operating outside official channels, although sectretly he has the full support of M. The action centerpiece of the film is Bond bypassing airport security, infiltrating the flight as a steward and breaking the heavily-sedated Felix out of the plane while it’s takining off.

From there, the rest of the movie plays out basically like “Commando.”

9 Likes

Yes, and when allies refuse to meet with the chair of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence for that reason it’s a sign that he needs to be replaced.

10 Likes

I think last week’s news has lulled you into a false sense of security.

It is entirely possible (some might say likely even) that we are stuck with Trump until Jan. 2025. Mueller could finish off his report with literally footage of Putin and Trump scheming world domination, but nothing will come of it if the makeup of Congress does not change.

3 Likes

The standard explanation for the stultifying treasonous behavior of Devin Nunes is: “they’ve got dirt on him, big time!” (never being precise as to who “they” are). And yet that seems insufficient to cover how consistently perfidious this man-toad behaves. I guess we’ll have to assume both mental problems as well as an utter lack of ethics.

6 Likes

He previously went to England to meet (presumably for the purpose of interrogating) Steele himself. Steele’s lawyer obviously said “no” and that was the end of it. So yeah, I’d say this was exactly as half-assed as it appears to have been.

11 Likes

4 Likes

When Nunes loses his reelection bid, he’ll probably only have hours before he gets his polonium cocktail.

3 Likes

Devin Nunes leaning on a mirror and masturbating?

2 Likes

I have a feeling he will be, next week, after he becomes the new Attorney General.

4 Likes

It’s like water-skiing behind a minelayer.

9 Likes

Can’t imagine why Putin would waste perfectly good (and I presume expensive) polonium on this turd.

5 Likes