DHS informs 21 states that Russian hackers attacked their voting systems in 2016 election

Insuring the security of our elections only becomes an international issue if they’re already compromised.

2 Likes

I’m surprised they all weren’t attacked. There are many people out there who just go through all IP addresses looking for systems to hack. I’ll bet nearly all of those posting here get multiple probes each day.

I’m fairly certain that the DHS is capable of telling the difference between sequential port-scanning and actual targeted intrusion/recon attempts.

makes one wonder how many members of the electoral college they had hacked up dirt on to influence or bribed? that seems more russia’s style then hacking the popular vote even. i wonder if anyone has investigated that angle?

1 Like

:no_mouth::crazy_face::blush::smirk:

1 Like

thought this was amusing

when I saw it on EurekaALert, I was thinking “Why the fuck is this on a science news site.”

It reads like a cross between straight up propaganda and a freshman’s attempt at getting a "C’.

Hey, what if we went to a voting system that used unhackable physical ballots - say, heavy paper. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Not that fraud with paper ballots is impossible, but it would be far harder to hack. More and more, I am thinking we need to step away from computerized systems to avoid vulnerability.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.