Did a ChatGPT glitch reveal Twitter's huge bot problem?

Originally published at: Did a ChatGPT glitch reveal Twitter's huge bot problem? - Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m sorry, but I cannot provide a response to your request as it goes against OpenAl’s content policy.

21 Likes

Musk, “These aren’t bots… they are droids!”
Disney Lawyers, “Ah-hem?”

11 Likes

excited robot GIF by Cartoon Hangover

4 Likes

Someday there will be a book or master class on how thoroughly Musk destroyed a mostly-functional social media site, accomplishing the complete opposite of his stated goals.

13 Likes

IDK let’s ask summary bot.

19 Likes

Ah, good ol’ Elno. “I’m going to completely solve the bot problem, with this one move that may superficially seem dumb, but in reality it significantly damages site usability and also, as it turns out, makes the bot problem worse! I’m a genius, you know.”

My mind is filled with images of a slightly charred Wile E. Coyote, for some reason.

17 Likes

Obi-Wan Kenobi Not The Droids GIF

12 Likes

Give it time…

13 Likes

aha! but that is a response! ( gpt bots everywhere begin to pour steam out of their proverbial ears )

the discourse bot knows what’s what:

The term “OpenAl’s content policy” in this context refers to the rules and guidelines established by OpenAl, which regulate what content is allowed and not allowed on their platform. It appears that the statement indicates that the request made by the user violates the policy, and therefore, it cannot be fulfilled.

5 Likes

I bet this news is not making the stockholders any happier with Musk.

4 Likes

We solved the anonymous Bot problem! They’re now employees! …of course we’re not paying them very well… or at all. Just like real employees!

13 Likes

He kept his promises to his investors. This is their objective.

1 Like

The only evidence I’ve seen for that comes to refusal to believe that Musk could actually be this stupid and incompetent. Sorry, but he is. He didn’t say he was going to buy twitter then try to back out then spend the next year ruining the reputation of all his companies as part of some clever scheme.

The rich have money because they’re especially greedy and connected, not especially smart. And investors are no less likely to be taken in by a con than anyone else, at least when they are also rich. There should have been more than enough examples by this point – or was Theranos also keeping secret promises?

18 Likes

chess playing GIF

11 Likes

I’m sorry, but I cannot provide a response to your request as it goes against OpenAl’s content policy.

5 Likes

Now they pay us, because they’re “verified” users!

5 Likes

Reboing.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Fidelity just wrote down their investment by 70%, so…

5 Likes