Did you ever want to play questions?

Are calendars universal? Or are they a form of cultural imperialism?

2 Likes

Do you regularly participate in BBS-games?

Or if they are just artificial constructs to mark the passing of time in human terms, why not make up our own?

Are you often late for meetings?

What did he say? Can I come out of my underground cheese cellar yet?

Oh god no. Just No. The technical kind like mentioned here. I mean there should be something there I can use?

1 Like

Did I say I was human? Mea Kalpa?

Anything regarding lisp, nosql dB’s, a fourth copy of the Camel Book (autographed by Larry), and the Swift/apple watch Dev book?

1 Like

Well, aren’t you privileged enough not to have received a copy for Christmas from your in-laws to go alongside the copy of Killing Jesus they gave you last year, right?

There’s no new editions of Emacs books, are there?

1 Like

You didn’t hear him say Black Widow was a slut, again? I’d stay down there, is it as nice as it sounds?

33 million apple watches are going to be shipped this year alone, and analysts have pegged app sales to be two to ten per watch–so is a book on a $75 million to $1billion market not something you can use?

(Don’t worry, I am currently turning the snark down from eleven :smile: )

1 Like

Is it a book you will actually read and learn from and participate in this market?

Haven’t I found that if I actually make things, and then buy books about the things I make them with, I buy technical books much more responsibly?

1 Like

Yeah if I didn’t find doing programming as a job something akin to torture. I love playing on the server and such, configuring the system to chug along nicely, the problem solving of figuring out what b0rk3d on it but writing code went from fun in class to NOPE NOPE NOPE when I did it for a summer job. Maybe I should find something for the wife?

Oh ffs, can’t we just retire that word? Or poison it with polonium? Has it ever been funny, useful, accurate, or insightful?

(Grumble)

(Back to the Cheese Cave)

2 Likes

Are you critiquing my purchase of Electrical Systems in Aerospace Vehicles, 1966 edish?

Why would they be? Isn’t a solar calendar only of use to an agrarian society (or those descended therefrom)?

Oh shit, actual emergency question --i can easily measure the sugar content of clear liquids with a refractometer (think clear grape juice), but how the hell do I do that with an opaque slurry? (Think sourdough starter)

Do I dilute, measure, then work backwards?

Calling @shaddack
Calling @shaddack

Do I only have one hour and 43 minutes to figure this out?

Something, something, known quantities of byproduct from yeast?

1 Like

So you think that solar calendar only of use to an agrarian society? Would you like to talk about this?