Did you ever want to play questions?

Shouldn’t they be?

It’s possible my footnotes have more to do with 1985 than with Pratchett, but didn’t reading Good Omens multiple times in collitch ground it into my brain-skin?

And why can’t I find any prior art in this thread? Why is every use of an asterisked-footnote by moi and ends with questions-marks?

1 Like

I thought it had to become a hipster fad before being shut away for ever, does almost every man participating in it for thousands of years count as a fad?

I don’t know… should they? Why can’t footnotes be in the form of a question since you have been doing that? I thought only parentheticals were exempt?

Maybe you decided it was a-okay? But isn’t it your game in the first place?

After the first player joins, does it ever belong to the originator?

(That’s something I’ve had to get my head around – no matter how hard I plan, things will go in a way I do not expect. So I have to let go of some of my expectations… and expect that. “This Week’s Mass Avatar” was a spectacular example of creator-flame-out when Things Didn’t Go As Planned. I learned a few lessons. Hopefully. Also, in Do you Want to play “Guess Your Throw”? I learned that staffers can shut down your thread, so you had better explicitly declare an open/non-ended game if that’s what you (I) have in mind.)

btw, as a weirdo jazz snob, does anyone else think Sinatra at the Sands (with Count Basie) is one of the best records evar?

1 Like

Would you believe some of us old hands don’t really get it either?

How many men are there?

too many, but i am not a man, aren’t i the eye of sauron?

Who can be sure? Did Sauron drink Rumchata in the extended edition?

5 Likes

can we get Funny Mansplainin’, Ironic Manspalinin’, and Fuck You, You Misogynist Mansplainin’ badges?

(please tell me to stop)

3 Likes

It would be some SJW like you to stick up for women, don’t you know they already have all the rights?

(badge please!)

4 Likes

Just one, but doesn’t he still need an empty buffer at the movies or urinals?

so i had an interview this morning by phone, and the interviewer called at the wrong time, so i said, “i need 2 seconds, i don’t want the vinyl jazz standards i have on in the backround to get scratched so i need to lift the tone arm”–too much, or for a hacker just right?

3 Likes

For a tone-arm-dropping braggart, just right?

(I mean, really – you were being a big, showy show-off!)

1 Like

yet for an interview with a tech lead at a fortune 10 (+/- 100, try working that out) digital forensics group for an architect posish, isn’t Peacocking expected?

(it went quite well, he was a vinyl enthusiast and reverse engineer as well)

2 Likes

And is this why, recent typing exercises excepted, you are doing better in your career than I?

4 Likes

Have you tried extortion, pandering, or general hyperbole?

(KIDS, you know the rule. @japhroaig is NOT a role model)

1 Like

Fortune -90?

4 Likes

my wife just asked me, “you keep saying this phrase, ‘dropping a schema’, is that a euphemism for a deuce?”

(sorry, an error has occurred? is someone else Droppin’ a Schema?)

4 Likes

And aren’t we dropping schemas like Galileo dropped the relational database in favor of NoSQL?

3 Likes