Did you ever want to play questions?

Does it really bother me that much, or is it just something that flits through my mind when I seen clips from MST3K (which I never really watched anyway)?

@nixiebunny - hey, why did you change your profile photo, at late, long, last?

Why is the world such a weird place (Iā€™m not complaining)?

2 Likes

Me? Do you want to get any work done?

Did you know that rendezvous and docking is incredibly complex until you realize that clicking the little nav ball into ā€œTargetā€ mode means that when you retrograde itā€™s actually in relationship to your target, not the giant gravity sphere below you? Once you get that figured out itā€™s just trial and error, right?

2 Likes

At which point you switch off your targeting computers, and just use the Force, right?

No, donā€™t you know itā€™s all RCS and magnets?

Do you even Kerbal, bro?

3 Likes

Is it odd I practice Tuvan Throat Singing in the morning, and am getting okay at it?

(This guy is fucking amazing)

4 Likes

How cool is that? What style are you practicing (khoomei, sygyt, etc.)?
Did you know that iTunes has a Tuvan radio station and they play all kinds of excellent music?

4 Likes

The kind where you groan like Daria and simply manipulate overtones? (I need to learn about the actual styles, I am less than an amateur)

1 Like

Can we play it on the BB BBS?

Did you know there are loads of resources on the intarwebs where you can learn all the different styles? Like this for starters: http://www.khoomei.com ?

(I did a report on throat singing for my music class because I found it so interesting, does it show?)

5 Likes

Isnā€™t it a small world? 100 years ago could two people who are Tuvan enthusiasts have had this conversation?

(Were there even two Tuvan enthusiasts? :D)

2 Likes

Werenā€™t they called ā€œTuvan citizensā€?

4 Likes

Do you even Paul Pena, bro?

1 Like

Can you believe Iā€™m going to spend lunch trying to figure out a way?

1 Like

In the mean-time, do you want to play with the title-tag?

A question for our resident food-writer @japhroaig: What is the best American* cheese?

* Not ā€œcheese made in Americaā€ like a Wisconsin Manchego or some chevre found in Oregon or even a casu marzu made in some forgotten corner of West Virginia; but ā€œAmerican Cheeseā€ - that waxy food-stuff that has been processed and uncanny-valley-ified into good-melting, child-pleasing smoothness.

(

In the interests of promoting your research, I provide the following:

And just to cement my low-brow aspirations: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/04/how-to-make-macaroni-and-cheese-waffles.html

)

1 Like

Is the answer not Kraft? If not, why is it every time I have some other processed cheese food it doesnā€™t taste as mediocre?

Velveeta?

How can you beat Kraft Singles? Other than perhaps cheese whiz on a cheese steak sammy?

1 Like