Did you ever want to play questions?

You want to talk about Pod People?

2 Likes

and i was about to post this question the other day after kinda sorta watching hobgoblinsā€¦
isnā€™t it awesome that so much of MST3K in full is posted to youtube?

2 Likes

Heck yeah, isnā€™t it great? Wouldnā€™t I love to get all of them on dvd for a decent price though, since so many of the youtube eps are lacking in quality?

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more?

-or-

here there be astroturf? (New accounts, they are a multiplyingā€¦)

4 Likes

Oh man once again I have to ask myself, self why do you bother with reading the comment threads in posts like that? how far down the rabbit hole of asshole culture do you really wanna look? donā€™t you wanna keep what little faith in humanity you still have?

2 Likes

We regulars could take a banhammer to such trite nonsense, but as discussed elsewhere, it feels kinda like the practice would be against the grain of the community spirit hereā€¦ I mean, leaving stuff available as a piƱata seems to be more in keeping with the vibe, no?

6 Likes

Sniff, is someone peeling ramps in here?

2 Likes

Am I the only person in the country who has never liked Letterman AT ALL?

3 Likes

Not since I moved here?

2 Likes

I came to the show later on, 2008 or so, and was instantly fascinated by the art form. Itā€™s an unusual type of comedy and Dave is an unusual proponent of that weird branch of meek sarcasm, a kind of deconstruction of the culture. But heā€™s ingratiated himself into my world view and, maybe unfairly, coloured my perception of American media-psychology, if such a thing can be said to exist. And like all the things that you get used to having around, isnā€™t it natural to feel a sadness in his absence?

1 Like

Yes? He certainly made my life a lot brighter, havenā€™t you noticed?

Are the in-laws taking daneel Jr for the evening tomorrow? Did I just buy tickets for Mad Max?

4 Likes

Can I have a pass for occasionally feeding the trolls?

2 Likes

If, as I suspect, the troll food your are using is the same as mine, saccharine-laced strychnine, then how could I possibly complain?

1 Like

Can I say I am happy that @falcor ate my response? (It was factually correct, but really didnā€™t need to exist (however did you know 20+% of tor nodes are run by security agencies?))

4 Likes

Iā€™ve heard someone around here mention it before :wink:.

So tor nodes are compromised, VPN traffic is a red flag, I shudder to think what posting on boingboing earns you, first against the wall?

3 Likes

Okay, which one of you brought up KSP several posts back? Havenā€™t I been trying to avoid it since a colleague brought it up years back? Why did I start playing? Now how am I supposed to get any work done?

3 Likes

Did you know it started at the PBS station in St. Paul, Minnesota, and that I used to watch it every week in the summer because it was on pretty late at night?

Is it time for me to get over regretting never having seen Joel Hodgsonā€™s live act in 1992, the summer I lived in Mpls?

1 Like

Do you often find it difficult to let go of things you didnā€™t do over 20 years ago?

How funny is it that you lived in Minneapolis for the first summer that I didnā€™t? I stayed in Ames from August '91 until the end and took a summer class each year, can you even imagine?

1 Like