Did you ever want to play questions?

Cause I am making a zucchini soufflé, garlic bangers, and my new creation–round bacon and didn’t invite him?

(Round bacon will be similar to pancetta but smoked and thick cut. I snagged a 13lbs belly for $2 a pound)

3 Likes

If I drop by with some nice dry spicy red wine by way of a bribe can I stay for dinner?

4 Likes

Have you been on a college campus for the last 10 years? Isn’t it all John Hughes extras there?

1 Like

You mean back bacon, eh?

Ah ha, would I be so obvious!? (And doesn’t everyone love a good rasher?)

What is the most annoying thing about bacon on burgers or other round sandwiches? Isn’t it that they are strips? And while you can make a ‘bacon mat’, why not buy Maple Cured, Apple Smoked Japhroaig Farms Round Bacon?

See, pancetta is great but it ain’t bacon,don’t we all deserve a better burger experience with better, more ergonomic bacon?

13 lbs, 3 feet long–and a whole Cherry tree to smoke it with, what could go wrong?

4 Likes

Having just finished my two-year stint in community college, how could I not have noticed that? Or maybe the kids at my school were less John Hughes-y than the local high schoolers?

1 Like

maybe the 80s are out again in the early college set? Maybe a community college has more older people who are less interested in fashion than at a large university like mine?

2 Likes

Maybe the large percentage of international students at my c.c. had something to do with it? (Not that I didn’t have moments of “WTF are you kids wearing?” on a regular basis, mind you.) Perhaps my university experience will be more Pretty in Pink?

2 Likes

Don’t I know some hip international students? Didn’t my good friend Mohammad send me recent pics of a book signing he did in Kuwait and didn’t I think “holy crap, when did Mohammad become a hipster”? Cause didn’t he look like a total hipster?

Shouldn’t we all do more “Pretty in Pink” and “Some kind of Wonderful” attire?

2 Likes

Can we model our looks after Iona and Duckie?

5 Likes

Are we back home?

Why can’t you get a signal in Glacier National Park?

3 Likes

Weren’t Iona and Ducky the best?

2 Likes

Why do I have urge to binge on 80s teen films now?

3 Likes

Isn’t that thanks to me and @monkeyoh? Aren’t we the bee’s knees?

4 Likes

That you are and isn’t awful and wonderful we only have here to hang out?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Don’t I try to forget that character? Isn’t 16 Candles like my least favorite John Hughes film?

We’re all about Some Kind of Wonderful, right?

1 Like

3 Likes

How can we not be all about his best film, IMHO?