Did you ever want to play questions?

Wouldn’t I still be sweeping the floors and making rice?

3 Likes

The kind of jerk who deserves to be guest of honor at the opening of a giant can of whoop-ass?

5 Likes

Isn’t the mom going to be home without the rest of the family so apparently she doesn’t want to be bothered?

OMG, I just realized: she’s going to be home, so why can’t she put them up? Just because her teen isn’t going to be there to entertain the visiting teens? So instead she’s going to take them over the weekend that I had already asked to take them, instead?

F@&#$^$^!?

3 Likes

Who knows, but isn’t Laibach still kicking ass after all these years?

3 Likes

Where do I sign up?

1 Like

Laibach dot com, presumably? Weren’t they fantastic when I saw them on tour recently? Wasn’t the audience full of middle aged goths, my kid, and one frat dude who wondered if they were like Marilyn Manson?

2 Likes

But where do I sign up to explode flowerpots by whistling?

1 Like

don’t you and your family all have pink eye? (wink (ah!!) wink nudge nudge)

eta

slightly more honest… slightly…

On the phone with the family that won’t take in the guests, you shout out to someone in your house, “Does this look like pink eye to you? It does look like pink eye, doesn’t it?”

next day, “Oh, it wasn’t pink eye, aren’t allergies a pain?”

2 Likes

Why do I always think of the Soviet expat fencing instructor I had back in the '80’s when I watch this?

2 Likes

Cause it’s kind of 80s?

Doesn’t it go beyond that though? Wasn’t there something very regimented about his training style?

Holy crap, when did the San Jose Fencing Center move into a modern looking facility? Don’t I remember it being upstairs in an old building with creaky floors?

1 Like

Didn’t the Soviet Union have a huge gymnastics and circus training program for children during the 70s and 80s? Didn’t they have whole cities for that? Weren’t circus performers given uncommon liberties of movement and travel? Did you ever listen to the This American Life episode about it?

2 Likes

While I haven’t heard that This American Life episode, wasn’t that also common for other sports beyond gymnastics? (Might that travel liberty have something to do with how my instructor defected?)

1 Like

Well my house will be empty over the weekend, they can come over here and let the burmese kitty entertain them… though I guess Seattle is a bit out of the way isn’t it?

1 Like

Weren’t pugilism and rowing pretty popular as well?

1 Like

Perhaps? Don’t I remember it being mostly Olympic sports and chess? Might that have just been what I was exposed to though? Weren’t there a number of physicists who defected as well?

Okay, things are going a little wonky again (call me Ahab!!), so can I list a few things in quasi question form that make me feel better?

• day job is hard, but am I not building up tech databases that will continue to be lucrative?
  • the sewer at my house needs to be replaced, but between BBQ and favors for my plumber neighbor am I not gonna save 70% on that? ($1200 for a complete house to main replacement!? I’ll give him a backrub afters)
  • and my shed-to-office work looks doable… With a few more YouTube videos? Ever seen a home office with exposed, live wiring?

(Ugh, I met with some financial planners today who told me how broke I am, and tomorrow is the accountant who will tell me how broke I really am. Thank FSM I bought that $7 of seaweed this week :D)

Regardless, tomatoes, artichokes, basil, and dill for everyone! (Was that a question?)

3 Likes

Aren’t people still defecting? Aren’t the ongoing famines thanks to Putin’s military belligerence causing crushing sanctions reason enough for everyone to try and flee that sinking ship?

Don’t you always pull through when it counts? If things go pear-shaped, isn’t that just fine, since pears are delicious?

Isn’t sewer work the worst? (plumbing in general, but the outbound pipes more so?) Isn’t fresh basil awesome? Don’t I envy your garden space?

1 Like