Did you ever want to play questions?

But don’t we make up for it all winter, when we rejoice in seeing snow because that means the temperature has WARMED UP from below-zero Fº?

3 Likes

Wouldn’t a storm be considered a good thing for California right now? No matter the heat or humidity, isn’t the addition of H20 a welcome thing these days for y’all?

2 Likes

Doesn’t it depend on how much of it gets stored? Isn’t LA’s flood control based on getting water out of the city and to the ocean as fast as possible? Isn’t most of the state’s water use still reliant on snowpack? Have you seen the kind of erosion that happens in burned areas when rain hits them?

(ETA: Isn’t that a nifty superscript you added there? Can I thank you for getting a chemical formula absolutely correct?)

1 Like

Would you be more impressed if I told you that I’ve never taken a chemistry class in my life?

2 Likes

Isn’t it supposed to be a subscript anyway? Was I so excited to see it offset that I didn’t pay attention to the direction? What happened to all of that chem I took in college?

2 Likes

Isn’t it always welcome by me, but don’t I have several million folks wishing against it?

Did I ever tell the story of when I was living in San Diego, and took off during a rain storm to visit family in the SF area? Can you believe I saw alternating headlights and taillights from cars spinning out while trying to take exits 3 times before I even hit LA?

2 Likes

Oh, shoot, how did I mess that up? :confounded:

Can I offer you some H20 in this terrible heat?

2 Likes

:smile: Have I driven half way across the US in the wintertime (through snow n ice) and not seen any incidents only to arrive in LA during a little sun shower during which I saw a bunch of fender benders?

1 Like

What about this whole concept that we’re all apparently so distracted by our mobile devices that we’d be better off with self driving cars? Do you think there’s any push from advertisers to make us captive audiences while we’re commuting? Is there going to be any way to resist it for someone who considers driving time strictly driving time? What’s going to happen during the transition when cars can mostly drive themselves, but emergency takeover is still needed by humans, who aren’t engaged in the process, because they are expecting the car to drive itself most of the time? Should I bicycle more?

2 Likes

While on your phone?

4 Likes

Doesn’t it stay in my backpack when commuting, and sometimes stay at home charging when I’m riding recreationally?

Why is it 89F at almost 8 pm?

5 Likes

Doesn’t everywhere turn into an absolute driving nightmare any time there is standing water on the highways?

2 Likes

Don’t you live in a darned desert anyway?

1 Like

Don’t some drivers know how to not hydroplane? Isn’t it worse in areas where it doesn’t happen often?

(Why am I so darned angry today? Should I have just stayed off the forums entirely?)

3 Likes

Don’t you have air conditioning?

2 Likes

Sorry, there’s an outstanding TODO for responding to a first PM? Discbot will respond to any messages after the first?

1 Like

How was I unaware you coded discbot? Since I have used it a few times, can I offer you a :beer:?

3 Likes

Are you saying I have to call out @discbot help in-thread before I can PM to it?

(Nope that didn’t do anything either.)