Did you ever want to play questions?

& @OtherMichael - I also don’t watch it, I don’t really like awkward humour so much (Larry David gets a pass!), does this mean I’m not marriage material?

3 Likes

No, but did your sourdough mother ‘escape its cage’ overnight and now ya need to get a chisel for your counters?

(I swear the damn thing is sentient with a twisted sense of humor)

3 Likes

Having watched some episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm (my spouse has seen them all and doesn’t understand why I’m meh about the show), don’t I get where you’re coming from? But doesn’t Arrested feel kind of different from Curb? Like Curb is closer to reality and the messed up crap that real humans do, so more uncomfortable in my opinion?

1 Like

At least you don’t dress up as your mother and visit the female visitors to your motel, right?

4 Likes

Don’t like Bojack Horseman? What do you like?

1 Like

Is that not one of the most heart wrenching scenes in a cartoon ever?

2 Likes

Because it’s a deeply insightful comment on the nature of adulthood or on the way in which our perceptions of people (especially in new relationships) tend to be informed by what we want to see rather than what is actually there?

God that show punches hard, eh?

1 Like

May I also add the absolute impossibility of redemption along with the long, slow descent into chaos at his own hands? Ain’t being an alcoholic horse a bummer?

2 Likes

Ugggghhhhh, why are university intersession courses so damn expensive?

3 Likes

And why are “public” universities in the U.S. (sorry, don’t know where you are) being gradually turned into money machines for the elite?

5 Likes

Isn’t that the purpose of all systems even tangentially related to capital?

1 Like

Apparently so, under neoliberal "capital"ism, especially? Why are the greedy fucks so greedy? Will they EVER have enough?

3 Likes

I wonder if even an entire universe could possibly be enough unless it was stocked to the gills with people who had much less than them?

I thought for a while that simulation theory might bare fruit for this idea but I’ve come to realise that there needs to be somebody, or better, many somebodys under their heel for it to feel real to them… they’re already suffocating themselves with their own greed, isn’t the end game the annihilation of even every other component of their personalities in favour of leaving only that one trait?

Eat the rich? Why follow their example? I’d much rather that they had fairness imposed upon them, eh?

2 Likes

Eh? Eh!

2 Likes

What’s the most tactful way to tell someone you want to port their project into a specific OS’s port management framework due to the fact that their “universal” install script wreaks havoc on the framework?

1 Like

gremlins did it?

1 Like

Oh, I’m at a public U in the U.S., and don’t I notice lots of things that make me wonder what the hell is going on?

3 Likes

Is that ever-squeezing, funding-sucking creature called a “python,” or a “creepy, long-term neoliberal agenda”?

2 Likes

Because Amurica freedom and any other way would be bloody communism? Isn’t that what they tell me, anyway?

2 Likes