Did you ever want to play questions?

That means they should be delicious, right?

I still haven’t tried, so I can’t knock.

1 Like

Well we don’t eat their large nightmare inducing ocean cousins, so would there be reason to eat the small ones?

3 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa, what the hell is that?

3 Likes

Hey guys, did you know that this thread is expanding so rapidly that if you try to use the “go to bottom” shortcut, by the time you get there, it’s no longer the bottom and 3 other people have already commented in that space of time?

8 Likes

A Giant Isopod, what else would it be?

3 Likes

Isn’t that a mite of some kind?

3 Likes

Aren’t they called cheeselogs too? Doesn’t that sound delicious?

(wiki says that’s in Reading, England only, so maybe that’s where I heard that)

4 Likes

Isn’t this thread going to be the one to break the BBS eventually?

6 Likes

Shouldn’t 64-bit addressing pretty much take care of it? Wouldn’t the biggest concern just be slowdown?

3 Likes

Have we had enough fighting for one day? Will pissed-off friends return?

Eh?

(Tune in next time! Same Bat time! Same Bat Channel!)

8 Likes

Let’s keep moving forward…anyone else feeling relief this morning?

Didn’t the most important college app go out in good form, perfectly encapsulating the student’s strengths and interests so that if the school doesn’t want her, it’s not because they don’t have all the right info to go on (n.b.: they’d be stupid not to take her)? And didn’t the second-most important college app go out in acceptable form, which is all I asked?

And isn’t that same daughter possibly going to miss the college tour set up for next weekend because her team is going to the state championships?

And didn’t the exchange student get back home to Germany safely? Aren’t we back to normal family life in every way?

10 Likes

Best of luck to your daughter, eh?

6 Likes

Didn’t I offer her a beer when it was over? And didn’t she decline, because starting on actual homework had to begin, at 9:00pm on Sunday night?

But didn’t I sit down with a nice liqueur and revel in the completion, on her behalf?

7 Likes

By the by… how’s the wrist?

3 Likes

Aren’t you so thoughtful to ask? :two_hearts:

Isn’t it officially considered healed, but I still have nerve issues (sort of like carpal tunnel syndrome) which will either calm down after another couple of months or possibly need surgery to correct?

Wasn’t I about to resume taking classical guitar lessons when the accident happened? Why does the universe fight me so hard on something so simple? (It’s the third time in my life that something major caused by “loved ones” has kept me from playing my favorite instrument, which has been a lifetime goal since early childhood.)

But aren’t I old and wise enough at this point to realize that it’s just one more scar to remind me that life happens when we’re busy making other plans?

6 Likes

I think I mentioned topical CBD cream somewhere earlier in the thread but you can’t get them because Chicago?

Anyway, seeing as Chicago ain’t that progressive with their cannabis legislation, can’t I recommend Gabapentin over Dihydrocodeine and amitriptyline? If you get the options offered to you that is?

My pain was like a kind of pulsing, locally intense, bone-break tooth-ache centred over the site of the injury, but don’t the NHS get all super paranoid they’re going to get you addicted to opiates and refuse to prescribe any more effective forms of that type?

Isn’t Gabapentin less mentally invasive/incapacitating than the opiates and more effective than the kinda weird amitrptyline?

Anyhoo, hope it abates without the requirement for surgery, and you can falcon-punch that thrice-occured road block to your musical development right in the chops, eh!?

And kudos on the… is that a Lennon quote?

2 Likes

Isn’t that a beautiful song?

3 Likes

Wanna see myassive tax refund after spending a grand fighting a $10k bill!?!?!?

(I’m in the money… I’m in the mone… Oh wait a second? :D)

Jebus, did that really take me ten months and I’m still not finished? Kids, can I give you some advice? Perhaps don’t work in multiple states at the same time?

10 Likes

Is that $10k better than where you were, or are you now down $10998.97?

Didn’t I have a load of problems with my previous employer screwing around with tax returns from a different state, the year after I left?

Aren’t I glad I don’t have UK assets making life hard for me any more?

2 Likes

Much better, but isn’t it a pain to convince three states they can’t all tax you on everything? (Now I just have to deal with the fed due to the wrong social security number, fault of the payroll agency, on 2012 and 2013 returns–could I be on a, “heh, lets fuck with this guy” list?)

7 Likes