Did you ever want to play questions?

I promise no real spoilers, and can I say that if you are a fan GO SEE THIS ASAP!?

3 Likes

Canā€™t you just stay off the internet for a month or so?

6 Likes

What and lose my regular status?

8 Likes

Itā€™s kind of what Iā€™m doing, isnā€™t just the easiest way?

Wouldnā€™t it be easier for me if everyone who has seen it stays off instead?

3 Likes

So I slept in the street for Episode I and was pretty disappointed Iā€™d done so, right? Episode II came out and while I saw it opening night, was much more passive, someone else got tickets and did all the work. Episode III I literally waited a month and I think the phrase I used was ā€œwell, should we go and get it over with?ā€

This one Iā€™m trying to savor, trying not to have any prior knowledge, no trailers, no idea who any of the characters are, right? I didnā€™t start out that way, as I saw the first trailer, but I realized that there was a chance to see something that I could really like and I wanted to be surprised, I wanted to let them tell the story without getting ahead, sort of like 1977?

But, with kids and people literally travelling to New York to see this opening night, tickets around here are scarce and weā€™re trying to fit something in next week maybe? So Iā€™ll likely be taking a self imposed internet vacation (already happened on FB two days ago) as I canā€™t expect everyone to cater to my whims, can I?

So, while I am planning on seeing it ASAP, I have to apologize my AP isnā€™t AS as Iā€™d like, just donā€™t have anyone here take it personal if Iā€™m not around, okay?

5 Likes

Yes, but all theyā€™re going to do is go out in the real world and let you overhear them in a bar or something, dontchakno?

1 Like

While it is a great return to the series, at least I will not post any spoilers here on the BBS till most of us have gone out to see it. I mean I may be evil but that is like eating kittens evil and that is wrong, isnā€™t it?

2 Likes

You think I go out in real life?

We were planning to wait for Jrā€™s birthday, because I donā€™t want to take him when the cinema will be packed, but perhaps I should see it first to make sure itā€™s appropriate, donā€™t you think?

Anything has to be better than the Little Golden Book versions of the films, right? Why does he always (and I mean always) want to read AotC? (with TPM to follow)

4 Likes

Wha-wha-whaat? They made those? What a way to ruin the good name of LGBā€¦

1 Like

This doesnā€™t look good?

Isnā€™t that typo in the second sentence after ā€œA long time agoā€¦ā€ a great start?

2 Likes

Why does my mouth taste like vomit?

3 Likes

Can you stop already with #wookieLeaks?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s preferable to an NJ scan, right?

1 Like

Is that better or worse than my girlfriend-at-the-time who kept her kids out of school, because of the whole heroā€™s journey schtick that Lucas claimed influenced the first three?

1 Like

So, should I mess with my IRL friends with fake star wars spoilers?

(Lens Flare, all the way downā€¦)

3 Likes

An all CGI all GunGan cast of awfulness?

1 Like

Ooh, is kylo Ren Jar Jar Binks?

3 Likes

What? What does Campbellā€™s Heroes Journey have anything to do with keeping kids out of school? Like, homeschooled?

What?

1 Like

Didnā€™t she say that the first 3 films were such examplars of the heroā€™s journey, that keeping her kids out of school the day the movie opened so they could go see the movie on the day it opened instead of being in school (and going to it in the evening*) would be a better lesson that anything they could learn in school?

* which wouldnā€™t be as educational?

(I hope somebody learned a lesson that day.)

2 Likes