Did you ever want to play questions?

Why don’t you ask tomorrow? Or does tomorrow never know?

4 Likes

So you mean today now, right?

2 Likes

Didn’t I in the beginning? After @OtherMichael’s response, am I no longer sure?

5 Likes

You’re not tomorrow, right? So shouldn’t you always know?

2 Likes

You’re not the day after tomorrow, are you?

('cause that’ll get weird really fast.)

3 Likes

Should we ask Wednesday instead?

1 Like

What about hanging ourselves?

Nothing to be done. (He proffers the remains of the carrot to nemomen.) Like to finish it?

3 Likes

Did you just hand me a partially eaten carrot?

1 Like

You’re not Mr. Godot, Sir?

1 Like

Doesn’t Godot have this profile picture?

9 Likes

Who could write a negative review of it? Do they hate film? Do they hate history? So much fun!

3 Likes

Does that name mean nothing to you? (Silence.) I say does that name mean nothing to you?

1 Like

Wasn’t the general theme of the review that films about film-making are a bit self-indulgent?

But don’t I love them?

I’m not a Coen completist any more, but should I go back and see if I can get over my immediate dislike of Clooney and Zeta-Jones and get through Intolerable Cruelty? Is there any point to watching their version of The Ladykillers?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Do you think some of the audience who hated the film would have enjoyed it more if there was a laugh track?

1 Like

Can I just say that it’s like a happy version of Barton Fink? They are, but can’t one say that about a critic writing about a movie as well? All artwork is self-indulgent by nature.

Intolerable Cruelty is better once you’ve had a little time to understand it’s not great, Ladykillers I would outright skip.

1 Like

Don’t you think that if you don’t provide your own laugh track at the classic background in the chariot scene you should just see yourself out?

1 Like

Do I now wonder if the other patrons were confused by the fam. laughing out loud when the Marxists complained about movie studios owning the means of production and the scene with the Catholic priest, the rabbi, the Orthodox priest, and the Protestant minister?

1 Like

Did you write this, @japhroaig ? Doesn’t it have your west-coast-cuisine fingerprints all over it?

http://www.babble.com/kid/the-best-and-weirdest-sandwiches-of-all-time/

2 Likes

what are you babbling on about?

1 Like