Did you ever want to play questions?

Wouldn’t it be delightful if it really did include that? Don’t I envy you for not knowing that when you throw you can add a message that will go into the head of the exception (or you can just leave it blank if you hate your coworkers)?

2 Likes

Isn’t that what try { [code omitted for brevity] } catch {} was invented for?

3 Likes

Shouldn’t it be? But with 500,000 line code bases with GenericAbstractClassFactory design pattern madness, doesn’t it sometimes just make more sense (if that term can be used) to throw and let things that use that method catch when it all collapses as it eventually will even with the ScaffoldingFacadeBuilder pretending to glue it all together?

1 Like

Doesn’t it at the very least make those in that slog feel less human?

Does getting pounded on StackOverflow make one feel less human, or more human?

(First time I’ve been in the cross-hairs; those guys have gotten meaner since I last asked a question. I mean, seriously.)

5 Likes

No, isn’t it

Fuck this noise

?

Have you eaten these?

May I warn you that they are terribly deliciously addictive?

7 Likes

???

1 Like

Should I fry the fresh 3 cheese ravioli I got at the farmer’s market? And should I fry them in panko bread crumbs?

5 Likes

Shouldn’t you fry them in something resembling an oil?

5 Likes

Don’t you need to put on some bread crumbs before they get the medieval oil torture? Shouldn’t that be panko, because, panko?

7 Likes

Why are you people trying to scare me? Madness, it’s madness, izzn’t it?

2 Likes

OMG, aren’t those amazing? Do you know how happy I was when Trader Joe’s finally came to Austin?

4 Likes

Doesn’t it depend what you’re doing with the lang whether it’ll be brain-warping or not too bad? Couldn’t you use the Android SDK and manage just fine, or write smaller sane projects that’d be cool, but you’d want to stab your eyes out reading some contractor’s crazy hackery to extend PeopleSoft with their J2EE Enterprise class boilerplate? Don’t you wind up finding things to hate about every language, though, even when there are also valuable things?

3 Likes

[While unpacking groceries yesterday:]

Me: Hey, did you see that I picked up some more of these ridiculous nuts?
Spouse: Are you going to share them with me, or just inhale the whole bag like you did last time?
Me: That was Thanksgiving, and my sister helped me plow through 'em.
Spouse: Do I need to go ahead and put half of them in a container now, so I have a fair chance this time around?

8 Likes

Wasabi Almonds FTW?

?

5 Likes

Not wasabi-soy-sauce almonds, where every now and then you get a nut with a gooshy, salty, sinus-blasting center?

1 Like

Don’t I just hoover up the dust from the bottom of the pack for the same effect?

Are these… stuffed almonds of which you speak? How does that work?

1 Like

Not stuffed, just… a diamond bag of flavored almonds where some of them have retained the seasoning bath?

1 Like

Were you searching for the correct word to use and settled on ‘a’?

3 Likes