Differing points of view on the Vincent Black Shadow

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/28/differing-points-of-view-on-the-vincent-black-shadow.html

2 Likes

More of '52 lightning guy myself.

5 Likes

Yep. Let Richard be your guide.

4 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes

The good Doctor’s tendency toward hyperbole notwithstanding, I don’t see any great conflict between those two points of view.

3 Likes

Speaking of Vincents an’ all…

If ever there was a Happy Mutant, it’s Alp from Alp Racing Design. He’s currently developing a Vincent landspeed bike which I think will be racing at El Mirage in October.

2 Likes

I was on my third BMW in 1961 when I met a kind of crazy guy who owned a Lightning. I drove it down to South San Francisco from SF. and opened it up coming back on the freeway. Pegged the 5" Smith’s (bit of hop up with Hepolite pistons, straight pipes). Terrifying, but the bike was obviously built to run fast. Heavy and clunky below about 70 mph.

Fastest I’ve ever driven a motorcycle, or anything else. Once was enough, The freeway is very bumpy at 150.

Almost blew me off the saddle, eyes teared up, hands aching. Glad I survived. Ruined me for Harleys. Superb engineering.

5 Likes

TL, I hope he mentioned Rollie Free

4 Likes

Get another opinion

Norvin.

1 Like

Hi Jason, thanks for sharing our video (the Black Shadow one with Cosmo). We’re only a small channel and it means a lot to us that people watch our videos :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.