VIDEO: Naissance d'une moto : la BMW (1976)

[Permalink]

1 Like

ā€œThere is no motorcycle more beautiful than the Airheadā€ [citation needed]

Shoot, if all you want is an R90S, just build one from new old stock parts right out of the catalog.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/01/13/from-scratch-bmw-r90s-motorcycle-build-finished/

1 Like

I have always found the pretty ugly myself, but its an endearing ugly. The /3 and earlier were beautiful, but the /5 and laterā€¦ It look like a cross between a motorcycle and a tractor.

2 Likes

Oh man would that be an expensive way to do it, though.

The video is really lovely, although there was a moment toward the end of the assembly of the engine where I spontaneously blurted ā€œaah, that fucking airbox!ā€ What a pain that was to work on.

2 Likes

Nice video but
There is no motorcycle more beautiful than the Airhead
really? Talk about argument bait.
Norton Manx
BSA Goldstar Clubman
Triumph Bonneville
Norton Commando
BMW R60/2
IMO all more beautiful

1 Like

I agree, but as the owner of a 1972 75/5 Toaster ā€¦ I might be a bit biased.

2 Likes

In my opinion, thereā€™s nothing in this world
beats a 52 Vincent and a red headed girl.
Now Nortons and Indians and Greeveses wonā€™t do,
they just donā€™t have a soul like a Vincent 52.

1 Like

I was not expecting Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Do you know if there is a listing of the other songs?

No, but isnā€™t it oddly perfect?

2 Likes

Yes, the other grooves are funky and chill, which is why I want to learn more about them.

If you like this sort of period doco, have a look for ā€˜Made by Handā€™, which shows the construction of Porsche 356s in the early 1960s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbFu1r_erw0

1 Like

There is no automobile more beautiful than a 356 Speedster, pre-A preferably.

2 Likes

Get away, itā€™s just a Guzzi with saggy tits.

2 Likes

1955 Jawa Z15 Racing DOHC 500cc

1 Like

YESSS! That fucking airbox, and that fucking alternator core. The disgust I hold for that alternator rotor and the god damn exhaust flange bolts that christ himself couldnā€™t budge once, but the next time they snap off with a decidedly horrible TINK and then scotch and the darkness.

And yet, Iā€™m kicking a can so I can stand in the window to watch those beautiful horizontally-opposed twins sliding into freshly powdercoated chassis. Any marque will have its crowd, I suppose.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.