You can get ahold of this 1951 Vincent Black Shadow

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/15/you-can-get-ahold-of-this-1951.html

3 Likes

The real holy grail of motorcycles, well there’s 2, see below…

Brough Superior ss100, BTW: have it tattooed on my arm…

Crocker Amazon, built in the USA.

12 Likes
15 Likes

The '51 is ok but they don’t have a soul like a Vincent '52

11 Likes
8 Likes

Some very wealthy man can get ahold of this 1951 Vincent Black Shadow

Fixed that for you.

5 Likes

I know of the Brough Superior SS100 as the bike that T.E. Lawrence died from crashing, but I’ve never heard of the Crocker Amazon (but it does look pretty wicked).

As for me, I’ll stick with my Triumph, thenkyewverymush.

5 Likes

T.E. Lawrence, not D.H. Lawrence, T. E. was Lawrence of Arabia…

Oh, I see you edited it…

3 Likes

That Crocker looks bad ass!

3 Likes

I. . .I was hoping to fix it before you caught me! runs from keyboard, sobbing

10 Likes

Anyone that will sit still for 10 minutes will get the full short version diatribe on T.E. Lawrence from me, groans from my Dear Wife in the background, she’s heard that story million plus times. T.E. was my hero when I was growing up, and Peter O’toole / Lawrence of Arabia sent me over the moon. There was no going back for this lad…

7 Likes

It is recognized that you have a funny sense of fun.

9 Likes

And then you can chop it up for a Norvin, be like Ogri

Apparently the Vincent Club can supply every bit you need to make your own, not quite the same but still pretty.

4 Likes

With old-timey drum brakes.

3 Likes

Velocette

6 Likes

Flashback to my cooler (but not long enough ago to be younger) days… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfsWy1MmicI

2 Likes

I prefer the Vincent, but I wouldn’t kick the Brough out of bed for eating potato chips… The Crocker is nice but way way wayyyyy down on my must have list.

1 Like

Yet another version of 1952 Vincent Black Lightening… cause why not!

4 Likes

Beat me to the point. Imagine doing 110+ on those brakes and those tires (sorry, ‘tyres’), and it’s easy to see why a lot of Vincent twins have not survived.

3 Likes

Just a quick shout-out to the thief who stole my Witworth spanners (in Florida) almost 20 years ago…I hope you mangled every bolt head you’ve touched.

6 Likes