An Honest Review of The Triumph Bonneville

[Permalink]

A Melbourne lad! Big-ups to my homie.

Great review. I like how he basically said yeah, it’s a great bike - once you empty it over a bin.

2 Likes

It took me a good five and a half minutes trying to figure out why his voice is so familiar, and I finally figured it out - his guide to changing your oil guided me through my first SR500 oil change, and has been shown to many a friend since. It’s slightly saltier than the Triumph review, but of similar quality.

Also, fun facts - Regular Car Reviews is a fan of this guy.

2 Likes

“Halp! my bike is on fire and shit.”
“Put it out quick.”
I don’t remember when I’ve laughed so hard.

1 Like

Quick pedantic note: He showed a picture of James Dean next to his bike, which wasn’t a Bonneville, but a Triumph Trophy- Although the new Trophy looks more like a BMW sport bike, and the Bonneville T100 is the closest thing they make now.

It’s also worth mentioning that last I checked, a nice Triumph will run you just about half of what a comparable Harley will cost.

I haven’t ridden in years, but I used to have a '59 Bonnie converted to a chopper. I miss that bike.

Having to replace all the parts with things to make it work sounds exactly like what a British motorcycle should be. I didn’t see an oil-patch underneath it, so he might want to put some oil in that thing. Regular maintenance is important, see?

4 Likes

My scrambler is 1 year old, is mostly sorted and only had one oil leak from the factory.

I’ve never owned a motorcycle but found this video genuinely hilarious.

Well done!

You messed with the factory-installed oil-pressure release system?! You’re basically riding a time bomb, I tells ya! :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.