Dig this weirdo DEVO family group Visiting Kids

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/02/dig-this-weirdo-devo-family-gr.html

4 Likes

Suitably bizarre

:+1: :+1:

4 Likes

And this came to mind:

5 Likes

Nancye was fantastic as a plucky '50s PA in Lynch/Frost’s short-lived absurdist sitcom On The Air and I was so shocked (yet not shocked at all) when I eventually looked her up and found the Mothersbaugh connection. She and Kimmy Robertson (Lucy from Twin Peaks) also did a fun pilot for what I can only assume would’ve been a reality tv-style webseries

6 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

That was ADORABLY weird!

1 Like

The 80’s were weird.

I actually saw them in concert. They opened for Sparks. An awesome evening.

5 Likes

That’s all I need to know…

3 Likes

Nepotism – DEVO meets the B-52’s as done by children. Both songs were wonderful.

2 Likes

Definitely foreshadowing Devo 2.0

I remember seeing this on The Cutting Edge in autumn 1987. It did not leave my head for weeks, not necessarily a bad thing…

(There seems to be very little info online (at least that I’ve seen) about The Cutting Edge (I don’t think Wikipedia has it right) and little of it, thus far, has turned up on YouTube. Iggy Pop up in a tree is one exception.

2 Likes

I think I saw the same broadcast. I liked the band, and it was great to find out the connection to DEVO, especially with the difficulty a Kansas kid had procuring out-of-the-mainstream albums at the time.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.