People throwing up in front of a picture of the moon

[Permalink]

Are the people weared yellow in the picture is same people? They are look so similiar. hehe…

I was astonished to hear him talking about Kent State, because Devo was part of my teen years, but Kent State was preistoric. How could one man have seen both?

This is the best thing I’ve read all week. Mothersbaugh is such a great, thoughtful artistic mutant…an example for the rest of us.

1 Like

Not enough potato…

2 Likes

At last, someone I can relate to.

It’s true ! Mark and Jerry Casale started making music together in the early 70’s. There are Devo recordings that go back as far as 1974 (see: “Devo Hardcore” Vol. 1 and 2) ? I think Jerry Casale was in classes with several of the Kent State students who were killed. He said this changed his view of the world forever.

What was going on in Akron/Cleveland ? So many interesting people/bands came from that area/time --not limited to Pere Ubu, Rocket from the Tombs, the Dead Boys (with whom Devo had ongoing bad blood), Miriam Linna (first drummer for the Cramps - now part of Norton Records), and Lux Interior. Jeffrey Dahmer also grew up in Akron in the 1970’s(See: “My Friend Dahmer” by Derf) but as far as I know did NOT go to Devo shows.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.