Discovering the intense, refreshingly unique music of Ren

Originally published at: Discovering the intense, refreshingly unique music of Ren | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Good stuff. I really liked the vocals in the Chalk Outlines song. I never heard of either of these two artists, but golly does Chinchilla have some sharp nails! :astonished:

3 Likes

ren and stimpy GIF

7 Likes

Yep, we’re on it!

4 Likes

I like this one:

3 Likes

Good analysis. Not sure I like the ending though. :pensive:

4 Likes

It definitely felt like he was trying to emulate Childish Gambino vibes with that last video.

2 Likes

Defintely some allusions to it at least. Seems like a different message though? :thinking:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, message is definitely different. I was mostly referring to the shocking imagery/situation of it.

2 Likes

I heard about Ren a little while ago from Billy Bragg’s social media feed. He’s a fan.

1 Like

Ive been following ren and his brother sam for some years now … absolutely a musical genius and highly unnoticed… from their busking in London streets to sams collaborations with some of hip hop and r and b big names to Rens multiple unnoticed projects especially compared to his brother .Ren is finally getting the recognition he deserves

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.