Discussion link going on vacation?

Maybe I’m the only one affected, and I’ve not looked into any detail on this - but when I’m using the Brave browser on Ubuntu, I don’t see the discussion link on stories. Is there something special about that link that might mean it doesn’t show under some circumstance?

1 Like

Towards the end of the thread…

1 Like

The operative link, I see is here:

https://perpil.nobackspacecrew.com/bbcomments.html

1 Like

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

1 Like

If you’re not seeing the link at all, that’s a different issue than the “Comments link goes back to the article”/“Comments link goes to the top level BBS paage” issue described over on the Non-Moderation topic.

I’ve seen the behavior you describe in the past on my own browser, and the culprit was a particular ad blocker filter, not sure which precise one it was, but it was a “social features” one. You might try disabling the various ad blocker lists that Brave includes (or that you’ve added on) and see if disabling one of them causes the Comments link to appear where it should.

2 Likes

Ah OK. Will do some digging then, thanks.

1 Like

I’ve noticed when my adblocker is enabled the comment link isn’t visible on the main BB page. I do most of my browsing from the BBS though.

1 Like

Yes, although I usually come to BB via an RSS reader, which takes me to the story. I’ll see if I can carve out an exception if it’s an adblock thing.

2 Likes

I have the same problem while running Firefox - I hafta set ublock origin to ‘disable cosmetic filtering’ nowadays, or the comments thingy doesn’t show up.

It’s begun doing other stuff that’s b0rked. It’s also immediately disappearing the text of amazon items on which I’ve right clicked to open 'em in new tabs. It doesn’t even give the option to make it go away, it’s just gone as soon as I r-click. :woman_shrugging:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.