Disfranchised Pittsburgh McDonald's demolished instantly, avoiding fate of disfranchised Pittsburgh Burger King

The exact scenario for that McDonalds happened about 15 years ago on E Washington near downtown Indianapolis. McDonalds was there. McDonalds closed. Building was gone. Well-leveled gravel was what remained. Almost eerie since other abandoned and near abandoned buildings were nearby. It was an immaculate destruction.

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of fast food failures in these parts (Tennessee) since the year began. The other day I noticed an old LJS had closed and moved out in Greeneville; earlier in the week I was in Maryville and saw a Hardee’s being cleaned out of its fixtures.

Stop Snitching - Riley Freeman in The Boondocks

NEELIX: Were they assimilated?
SEVEN: Their biological and technological distinctiveness was unremarkable. They were unworthy of assimilation.
NEELIX: I didn’t realise the Borg were so discriminating.

3 Likes

The local Dog n suds. You can still make out the letters on the sign. They left up the root beer sign on the roof.

3 Likes

Came here to post this, glad I didn’t have to. After 35 posts of nobody mentioning it, I was beginning to worry BB had lost its touch.

Since reading about repurposed Pizza Huts here on BB, I now see them everywhere. In my naive youth, I legitimately thought that was just an architectural style. I didn’t realize those are all actual old pizza huts. My commute to work there’s one that is a Sizzler that itself looks to be in the verge of closure. Some sort of circle of life, but for fast food.

3 Likes

I guess McDonald’s Wrecking Crew goes at a much faster beat.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.