"Disgusting" fatberg removed from London sewer

Originally published at: "Disgusting" fatberg removed from London sewer | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Is there really any other type of fatberg?

9 Likes

Fatbergs should be a Doctor Who villain. An Adipose sequel?

6 Likes

Another one? London in dire need of dieticians.

5 Likes

Oh yes, there probably are. But if they find a delicious fatberg, or a valuable fatberg they aren’t gonna tell us about it, are they? Maybe Jason and the Argonauts found the Golden Fatberg, and just said it was a fleece so we would be looking in the wrong places if there were others.

15 Likes

“A dried section of the Whitechapel fatberg, on display at the Museum of London”

September 2017: A 250-metre-long (820 ft) fatberg weighing over 130 tonnes (140 short tons) was found under Whitechapel, London.

4 Likes

“the same weight as a small bungalow”… " Another fatberg was removed from London sewers in October, which weighed “more than an African elephant”."

is this a Python sketch?

5 Likes
2 Likes

Quite right. Bungalows or elephants (either variant) are not cromulent standards.
https://www.theregister.com/Design/page/reg-standards-converter.html

7 Likes

Is there a FatBerg in the USA’s future? Stay tuned for the FatBerg report!

BTW: FatBerg’s always happen on Fridays, it’s a scientifical fact.

2 Likes

I thought they weren’t going to allow Trump to travel to the UK?

12 Likes

70sshow-kelso-burn

11 Likes

If there was ever a job for a robot I think that this is at the top of the list.

6 Likes

I don’t know ya’all. These real estate photo listings from the Schitt’s Creek mansion don’t really seem to do it adequate justice. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

There was also a disgusting fatberg removed from Cancun recently.

9 Likes

fez burn GIF

8 Likes

I think it is more like we are in need of people who don’t flush non-biodegradable stuff down the toilet to combine with fat to create fatbergs

Why else would he be hiding in a London sewer?

6 Likes

SI MONUMENTUM REQURIES SUBSPICE

1 Like

And “The Unflushables” sound like a ragtag group of criminal antiheroes.

4 Likes

“Trumpian” ones are worse than disgusting.

1 Like