Disneyland social clubs accused of behaving like outlaw motorcycle gangs

I’m beginning to get used to living in a Pynchon/Vonnegut collaboration timeline.

3 Likes

At WDW, generally what they do is issue you a FastPass to return at a specific time, and then direct you to the ECV/wheelchair entrance. So while you can no longer just whizz up and get on the ride, scooter users still bypass any FastPass queue with their own entrance.

Don’t forget to give a hat-tip to the scribe’s guild …

“Borges, Calvino, and Murakami, LLC at your service, m’ Lord.”

(Garcia-Marquez was out sick that day with “Love in a Time of Cholera”)

Last I checked, it was like, really expensive to get into WDW.

How does one get the time and fiscal resources to just hang out at a theme park like this? And then to, y’know, be in a gang? At a theme park?

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

Millennials.

1 Like

These ‘gangs’ are over at Disneyland, not WDW, and they’re likely all local residents with annual passes, which are relatively cheap for California/Orange County residents.

2 Likes

I frequently conflate the two, my bad. Still, this is nuts to me.

Imagine the police response if these gangs were black. I’m surprised that apparently Latinx gang is still ambulatory.

It’s only a few bad apples. The majority of these club members seem to just be hardcore Disney fans who like to go with their friend group and have fun. It’s not much different from a family going to the park while wearing matching t-shirts.

Of all the dopey things to argue over, ( well this is BB) LOL, I’m going to disagree with you here. Got a bunch of people together that consider themselves hardcore regulars, add in some matching clothing jokingly (but kinda not!), The entitled quotient goes through the roof. It happens with any specialized hobby, there’s gonna be a lot of great people nice people, but when folks get this hard-core it definitely brings out the “weird” to say the least . See: Musicians, DJs, Record collectors, comic collectors, basically any and all fun hobbies where people go all in to the detriment of most others just wanting to Enjoy said fun indulgence without making it a lifestyle. My 2+2 cents

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.