DIY Catface N95 mask cover, whiskers and all

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/28/diy-catface-n95-mask-cover-wh.html

9 Likes

I can’t make it not look like an ass. I accept the blame for the situation, but I don’t see what can be done.

6 Likes

1 Like

dogs and cats living together … mass hysteria!
doggie

12 Likes

i don’t suppose that comes in a pug model ?

asking for a friend.

5 Likes

That’s a feature, not a bug

4 Likes

I love it. But definitely better for use on the playa than as a covid 19 mask. Way too easy to cross contaminate with this thing.

5 Likes

Needs bleb. Or mlem.

8 Likes

Speaking of Burning Man, what are the odds of even having the event in 2020?

It ought to be zero, but as of March 28th they haven’t made up their mind yet.

Any event that brings people together from all over the country is a bad idea right now, and likely for at least the rest of the year. We may have peak horrible deaths in May, but we will continue to have horrible deaths for a long time even after the peak, and a disease that could spread at Black Rock City.

5 Likes

Anything that changes the fit changes the function of a N95.

Also assuming this is meant for re-use, I imagine that the added material may may re-sterilization considerably more difficult.

Cool look and fun, but not worth screwing around with if you actually need to protect yourself.

6 Likes

Seriously, I want a plague doctor mask. I just need to find a way of obtaining it,

3 Likes

Need an n95 plague doctor’s mask. I want form and function :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Who says the apocalypse can’t be fun?

2 Likes

DIY it!

1 Like

I wish all sewing instructions were this clear.

4 Likes

Disinfecting it would be a bitch, but if you replaced the underside with N95 filters (taken from an appropriate air conditioning or furnace filter and flattened to cut into shape) you could be functional AND decorative! I suggest thorough spritzing with alcohol.

3 Likes

Modding a gimp mask or something like that might work, too.

2 Likes

I like it. But it doesn’t look like there is any way to breathe through it, and I don’t mean as a filtration mask, I mean just breathe. Might need a bit of modification.

1 Like

giphy

More easily washable, certainly, and generally a snug fit.

3 Likes