Wear a face mask in public to slow COVID-19, says CDC — 'I don’t think I’m going to be doing it,' says Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/03/wear-a-mask-cdc-tells-america.html

6 Likes

Why would he do it? He’s tested negative … … for any semblance of leadership, capability of showing an example, having a brain, and countless other traits needed in situations like this.

47 Likes

33 Likes

Swweeeeeetttt - now I can cosplay The Shadow next grocery run.

29 Likes

I sincerely hope that the Lump never wears a mask. I feel bad for saying that, but it is what it is.

15 Likes

I prefer this cosplay instead :joy:

I already have a similar mask from Solid State Covers :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edit: for added hilarity, https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/fudyj2/how_long_is_an_appropriate_amount_of_time_to_wait/

18 Likes

I know a lot of people who sew stuff, who have been making these masks. It seems like a thing that the public can do to gain a bit of control and have an artistic outlet.
As for the guy who leads by counter example, well, we have no reason to be within his breathing range. Perhaps the crowd that takes over after he kills everyone in the room will be more decent.

19 Likes

Totally amazing ability to undermine any reasonable advice given by any credible authority, other than his own reality.

22 Likes

I wonder if this is why this video showed up in my YouTube recommendations earlier today.

25 Likes

Even if masks did nothing it would make a lot of people who resist taking this seriously think twice, they should have done it from day one.

But now it’s too late, end of April/May is already cooked, even if suddenly everyone did it right starting NOW, we’d still get the surge.

Masks will be a nightmare when crime starts to take off as people face evictions and those “checks in the mail” never show up.

The most terrifying part of today’s dog and pony show was the mail-in ballots reply. Maher was right, he’s not stepping down, he will declare “fraud”.

13 Likes

How does a thick layer of bronzer affect the mask’s effectiveness?

21 Likes

Yeah, easy for him to say now that everyone who meets him in person will get the deluxe instant COVID-19 test in advance, a test that the vast majority of front line medical personnel aren’t able to get, not that he wouldn’t say that anyway :-/

15 Likes

Thanks to social distancing orders, landlord/tenant courts are closed for some time.

6 Likes

Probably helps create an airtight seal, like a form-in-place gasket.

14 Likes

I don’t have the body for it… too scrawny. Play to my strengths.

10 Likes

I know what would be the best mask for him

19 Likes

Are you blessed with the same impressive schnoz?

6 Likes

I suppose wearing a mask might smudge his orange makeup…

5 Likes

Wait? We’re playing catch up to the Wasteland Weekend organization.

7 Likes
50 Likes