Do not complain about bodega cats on Yelp

Must suck for those with cat allergies, though.

6 Likes

Seems like there is a comic on Something Positive where a joke is made about how cats think that their butts make all things better, but I can’t find it…

6 Likes

it’s the bodega hippos you really have to watch out for!

22 Likes

It’s the worst when one is just lounging in the aisle you need to go down.

11 Likes

Wow, more garbage from the nasty anti-cat industry. There are no sources, they are just made up lies! Sad!

11 Likes

Sequence begins @ Achewood: SaniTaco

8 Likes

I agree. I submit that attempts to sterilize the thin veneer are pretty useless, and can lead to autoimmune diseases. I never buy antibacterial soap for that reason, and don’t worry when the cats walk across my plate. I figure it just gives my immune system something to do other than to attack me.

Cats in stores are great. Wish it were more common, regardless of whether food is sold there.

12 Likes

That is most of the cooking surfaces in my home.

15 Likes

As a cat allergy sufferer as long as the place is cleaned regularly, it’s not a big deal to me. I’d assume people with worse allergies just avoid bodegas.

I’ll take cat sneezing over rat surprise any day.

13 Likes

What, you want us pet owners to die of starvation?

The best stores for cats are book stores. All the best book stores have a book store cat.

31 Likes

Deli and bodega owners face fines of up to $3,000 for having a cat or
cats in their establishments, but they also face fines of $300 for the
discovery of rodent fecal matter. Lost inventory is another cost, as
rats and mice like to chew through containers

This is interesting to me. Do the incentives line up purely economically, due to selective enforcement by regulators, or a combination of those and others? (e.g. rat crap is just gross.)

3 Likes

James Clavell always made me sleepy too…

7 Likes

Not for the want of trying, at least.

1 Like

There are stores where you can get books? I thought those went away with the 20th century.

3 Likes

People new to city life need to get a fucking… life. Cats = less rats. That’s a good thing.
These folks would flip their fucking lids if they ever ventured out of their little world and went to Europe. I’ve seen dogs sleeping under tables inside restaurants. Cats lounging on the top of a corner booth in a bar.
Hell, we were in Amsterdam one time and the owner of this one pub shooed the cat INTO the kitchen.

We live in a city neighborhood and there are some folks that are new to that. They jump on our FB page or Next Door the night before trash pick up - "someone is going down the street taking cans out of the recycle bins!"
There have been so many times I’ve wanted to reply back “so fucking what, go back to watching Real Housewives” but I restrained myself.

13 Likes

You should see the cats in Morocco.

I saw a bunch hanging out in in a butcher shop!

4 Likes

17 Likes

Jesus Christ. Yet another reason why I don’t wanna live in a city that dense.

Can’t remember ever shopping in a store or eating in a restaurant that had a cat in it. And haven’t been in a store or restaurant with an obvious rat problem since that time a rat fell onto a neighboring table during a memorable lunch at the Studio City Miceli’s back in 1997 or so. Neither animal freaks me out, but I don’t think either animal has a place in a retail food establishment. I imagine there’s a reason why the law tends to agree with me.

5 Likes

I’ll second that motion. Nothing cooler than looking through old books while being ignored by the feline equivalent of Bernard Black.

10 Likes