Do not complain about bodega cats on Yelp

There once was a cat who looked just like this at a model railroad store in Maryland.

4 Likes

Bodega cats are not only a NY phenomenon. I’ve seen them in many cities across the east coast and midwest. I should note that I’m pro-cat. In any argument involving a cat, including this one, I support the cat.

8 Likes

I’ve never been but my wife went with a friend a few years ago and she told me about all the cats and dogs. Her photos were great.

4 Likes

Glass coffee table research has shown that cat anus does not make contact with the surface the cat is sitting on.

12 Likes

Most bodega visits take about two minutes. Unless the allergic person is an employee it’s not much of a problem.

1 Like

The black death agrees.

10 Likes
11 Likes

I am 100% pro bodega cat but let’s be real. The store owner has no records whatsoever relating to the cat. It showed up one day and made itself useful in exchange for a cozy spot in the basement and has certainly never been to a vet.

3 Likes

Pet-friendly bars, cafes, and restaurants are not unusual in the UK; I’ve not seen terribly many shops outside that sort of category with pets, but there’s at least one bookshop around here with cats, and one software company I worked at had dogs in the office as a matter of course.

Restaurant kitchens and the like should be kept clean enough that the extra presence of the animal in the building doesn’t significantly influence the situation - after all, people come in from the streets covered in god only knows what on their clothes, so exactly what extra horrors are the animals going to bring with them? If you’re cleaning well enough to deal with the public and what they drag in, it should be sufficient to cope with the animals too.

9 Likes

Since 37-47% of homes in the US have cats in them, you must be a real treat at parties and dinners.

A store will have one cat. Maybe two. A store with no cat can have an large number of rodents, and they would be busy multiplying. Even if I wasn’t enamored with cats, I know which choice I’d make.

9 Likes

Yes i know this is probably the case for the most part, i was making the point that if a store owner wanted to reduce liability and do things properly to reduce risk they could ensure that their cat has good vet/health records :slight_smile:

1 Like

re: Pizza rat. I’ve seen videos of closed resaurants at night and mice just running around on the floor. I imagine with it being so dense that a lot of that shit goes on in NYC.

Which, btw, is a fun place to visit, but I don’t think I would want to live there either.

1 Like

Well, he might be like me and has no friends, so it really isn’t an issue.

1 Like

a couple of red tailed hawks would take care of the rat and cat problems.

5 Likes

But then you’ll need a larger bird of prey to hunt the hawk, and then when will the madness stop? :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Hawks can sure do the job against mice…

5 Likes

As must you be, if “prefers not to eat food that has had contact with an anus” → “complains about it at social occasions” is a reasonable leap of logic for you.

1 Like

Well, my own “white painted window ledge” research had a differing result.

2 Likes

Whenever me and my family travel, we always seek out the indie book stores where ever we are. Despite fears to the contrary, book stores and record shops still dot our great land. Let’s hope that they are around for a long time to come. If not, then I know this country is not where I should be anymore.

6 Likes