Stray cat leads convenience store customer to pet food shelves

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/27/stray-cat-leads-convenience-st.html

12 Likes

@frauenfelder, Embedded link is broken. Here’s the Reddit post until it’s fixed.

I figure either super-adoptable abandoned kitty familiar with fave treats, or bodega cat helping out at the store. Either way…

sailor-moon-cute

32 Likes

Thanks!!

10 Likes

Would be nicer to get that cat off the streets but i can still certainly appreciate the kindness of getting this friendly cat some food.

14 Likes

You can get almost anything at the Oxxo!

6 Likes

He passed away several years ago, but we had a gregarious indoor/outdoor cat who would prowl the neighborhood hitting up the neighbors for treats. This may actually be a stray, but this cat might also just live in an apartment above the store and know how to use the drive-through.

16 Likes

If kitteh’s a stray, we’ll take him/her. Already have a flamepoint Siamese Manx, why not add a not-quite silverpoint Siamese Manx to the fold!

11 Likes

[some kind of joke about “re-tail”]

27 Likes

Cute, but this cat never had one. Notice the cat’s spine is a bit longer than normal, and sits a little…odd? Kitteh has the Manx mutation. Looks like one tail vertebrae, which is good, because any less, incontinence can be an issue.

(Yes, I did lots of research before we brought our saucy little Manx home from the shelter.)

19 Likes

I think she joked about calling him “rabbit” (conejo) at the beginning (or did I mis-hear that?)

5 Likes
12 Likes

Very polite cat. In Sweden the dogs just go into the store and help themself to a treat:

6 Likes

I like the caption. They made it clear that the dog in the photo is NOT the dog in question. It made me giggle to think that the photo doggo might think, “Hey. That’s not me.”

9 Likes

i think she says his name is rabbit…maybe he’s a local fixture around the store. Would explain why no one tried to kick him out

7 Likes

Sweet and so sad. All cats deserve a warm home.

3 Likes

Nice hoomin should have thrown in a zero Gatorade. Kitties need to hydrate, also.

4 Likes

Some call Covid-19 a crisis but for this feline it’s a cat-astrophe.

Happiness is a warm cat. Yes it is.

8 Likes

That warmed my old heart.

5 Likes

19 Likes

One time I was in a corner store, and there was a cat lying there, I think on a pile of newspapers. But attentive, like the lions outside the NY Public Library. I offered my hand so it could sniff it, not planning to pat it, but it just seemed polite. I get to the cash, and tye woman smiled, clearly she noticed, though I hadn’t thought she could see us.

About two years ago the dog food store delivered a bag of cat food by mistake ( “yuck!” ) so I took it back, when I was walking Pokey anyway. I’m trying to get it out if my knapsack, and he’s tugging, it was like a kid in a candy store. A surprising amount of tasty stuff at his nose level. But I finally got the cat food out, and we got out of there withiut me having to pay for any additions.

2 Likes