Cat defies supermarket ban

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/28/cat-defies-supermarket-ban.html

10 Likes

Awesome. We had a supermarket cat local to us. He was called Brutus. He even had a bronze statue commissioned in his honour to sit in his favourite spot after he died. He has a FB page also.

12 Likes

A friend of mine’s cat used to go visit the local church during services, which was a distraction.

8 Likes

Isn’t this like having a mouse Roomba? And in a supermarket. Who wouldn’t want that?

13 Likes

Not necessarily. We have 3 cats, only one can be arsed to hunt mice. Same with the previous batch of three cats - only one functional murder machine in the lot.

15 Likes

Until she retired last year, we visited Southwark Cathedral every time we were in London, specifically to greet Doorkins Magnificat.
In addition to totally upstaging speakers, she tended to sleep in the nativity crib.

17 Likes
12 Likes

That is possibly the most English thing that has ever been.

16 Likes

Rebel cat is rebellious!

13 Likes

Came here expecting to be very impressed that a cat opened a supermarket.

#grammarmatters

10 Likes

“Look at me. I am your savior now.”

9 Likes

We had that problem at our church. It’s why the sign outside says “All people welcome” rather than just “All are welcome.” Unfortunately, cats can’t read.

7 Likes

Wittgenstein’s Observation “If a lion could speak, we couldn’t understand him” has the Davis Corollary, “House cats understand us, but they don’t care unless food.”

7 Likes

Exactly. I don’t trust food stores that don’t have a cat.

We had four cats roaming a rather small house, yet a mouse had no problem with making a home under a wooden TV stand. It had a stash of cat food (the dry type) that it had stolen out of the cat’s dishes. I caught it in a box and released it outside.

2 Likes

It’s the self-serve checkout, and he’s a cat serving himself. Seems reasonable.

1 Like

Pumpkin’s owner Jo Harding often pops to the shop after work and finds her wayward moggy outside. She tells him to “come home for your tea” and he will trot after her.

Perhaps Pumpkin relishes the shop’s ‘curio-rich’ environment…or all the attention.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.