Do not let the cat into the library

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/11/30/do-not-let-the-cat-into-the-li.html

18 Likes

We need pics of Max… NOW!

31 Likes

The instagram (apparently):

18 Likes

So what they’re saying is…

21 Likes

Why that sweetie is not allowed in to get skritches from the patrons boggles me.

13 Likes

Guess they haven’t heard of Dewey Readmore Books

6 Likes

They should absolutely let Max in the library.

14 Likes

tl;dr. something about cats?

7 Likes

Reason #4927 to not own a cat…They cannot go in libraries.

5 Likes

It’s already a children’s book!

10 Likes

Some cats might be well behaved, but some cats will shred paper and piss on things. Max might be a sweetheart, with a penchant for destruction.

19 Likes

Sad reasons why cats are not allowed in our library:
People with allergies.
They shed. Madly.
Fleas (even though we treat our home cats regularly, they still sometimes get an unwelcome guest.)
Penchant for destruction (peeing on books, chewing, paper shredding)
Small children who don’t treat the kitty nicely. All it takes is one warning swat, and Mommy or Daddy will want to string the cat up by its own entrails.
Big children who don’t treat the kitty nicely (Oops, I didn’t mean to drop that book on the cat. Heh.)
Litter box patrol, also feeding, also vet care, and who is responsible for it.
There are more, but those are the primaries I can come up with.

26 Likes

Looks like a police sketch of Grumpy the Cat.

GrumpyCatSketch

39 Likes

My neighbor’s cat “Buddy” was the most laid back, friendly and unafraid cat around. He would follow you into your apartment and just hang out (food or not), and someone finally had to put up a sign warning folks to keep him out of the laundry room, because he would relax in any open dryer or washer. God forbid if you left a pile of warm dry clothes sitting out.

14 Likes

14 Likes

Just not that library. Your reasons are invalid.

8 Likes

21 Likes

there are 12,937 reasons to not own a cat. And counting.

4 Likes

32 Likes

37 Likes