After woman offers stray cat a meal, the cat returns with her 3 kittens (video)

Originally published at: After woman offers stray cat a meal, the cat returns with her 3 kittens (video) | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Aw, kitty knew she’d found a good human!
:smiley_cat:

24 Likes

Does it seem like the cat has an unusually short tail?

5 Likes

This wonderful mom cat continually opts for packaged “food to go”. Turn on closed captions for the reason why.

14 Likes

I see lots of cats in Japan with stumpy tails, too. Always wondered about that, but haven’t yet gotten around to Googling my question.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 8 hours.

Lots of rocking chairs in both countries?

2 Likes

Cats are cool when they want to be. They can sense good humans somehow. Also, when you adopt one and they decide to stick around they can sense your moods and try to comfort you. I speak from experience not anthropomorphizing.

10 Likes

A bit of a different story. My dad felt bad for a stray siamese kitten who was the runt of the litter, gave it some leftover chicken, several months later it cozied up to my family and she popped out three kittens on the porch for us to see. ‘Popped out’ is the best choice of words to describe that process seeing how the one birth I saw she span around in a circle 9 to 13 times really fast while screaming at the top of her lungs, stopped, sat down, lifted her leg up and popped out an kitten which looked nothing like normal kitten birthing videos at all. I was half awake at the time that happened and I still got that moment burned into my brain.

9 Likes

My parents had a feral cat roaming in their back yard and decided to feed it. I told them that was a bad idea and to call the city (their city has a great program where the capture feral cats, spay/neuter, vaccinate, and address any other health issues before returning them to their neighborhood). Now my parents have about 10 strays they feed twice a day.

7 Likes

Guilty here as well, although I did manage to run a TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) for about 13 of them, some of whom became regular residents. (the neighborhood has a minor feral cat problem, although my efforts did help somewhat.)

7 Likes

4 Likes

She has the Manx mutation. You might notice she’s a little bit longer than you normally expect, too.

11 Likes

We have a manx/cymric, they’re great cats. Very smart and personable, and as you mention, also very long. The long rear legs give them a bit of a bunny hop too.

2 Likes

We have one, too! She also happens to be a flame-point Siamese - two cats in one package means a BIG personality. This is a yearly ritual for her:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.