Do you know who made the "most mysterious song on the internet?"

Originally published at: Do you know who made the "most mysterious song on the internet?" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

“Most Mysterious Song On The Internet”; band name!

6 Likes

Those sound like they’re from one of those ‘rate this album’ scams. You subscribe and they send a 10 albums every month that some producer wrote and put together with studio musicians.

2 Likes

“Now that’s what I call the early '80s!” (These really do embody a certain early '80s aesthetic to the point of cliche.)

That’s already happening with images. Twitter is flooded with “historic photo” accounts that used to post questionable modern images that were sepia-tinted but now spew out “AI”-generated images that are so banal you wonder why anyone bothered.

2 Likes

I bought a tape from a charity shop because the only thing printed on it was “see inlay card for details” and there wasn’t one.

It was 60 minutes of a local radio show from 20 years before and didn’t even start at the top of the hour. Weird tapes are awesome.

10 Likes

It’s John Maus

2 Likes

That is not the most mysterious song on the internet.

That is just a tribute

5 Likes

The Clicks must flow.

2 Likes

I bought so many bootlegs of albums from guys on the street in the early 90s that were that exact tape and a photocopy of the album cover. Had to be careful not to get them mixed up because it could be a pain if a few tapes wound up in the wrong boxes…

2 Likes

Why did you keep so many of the same tape?

3 Likes

I guess that, as tape is analogue, each copy is actually unique. :thinking::smile:

1 Like

But buying them seems a little excessive, making copies was easy :woman_shrugging:t3:

Home taping?! :astonished::smile:

3 Likes

I meant like the tapes all looked the same and had SEE INLAY CARD FOR DETAILS written on them with different music recorded on them…

I swear, I’m capable of communicating in my native language, sometimes.

1 Like

That does make more sense :grin::+1:

I used to draw my own tape covers, but them I’m an art nerd as well as a music nerd.

1 Like

a2ec06f7f5a450a010d007cce933bed074aba944

Tommy Cooper, “I’ve got a Stradivarius and a Rembrandt; unfortunately, Stradivarius couldn’t paint and Rembrandt couldn’t make violins.”

8 Likes

I was listening to Chiaroscuro before it was cool…

2 Likes

I think I know this song, but 1982-1984 is just a few years to early to be from who I thought it might be from. The voice sounds familiar, they might have recorded this with another band than the one I’d associate them with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.